ShotGunWorld Shotguns

It is currently Sat Feb 27, 2021 7:25 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: CZ 410 Sharptail opinions
PostPosted: Sat Jan 23, 2021 6:47 pm 
Field Grade

Longtime shooter. Looking hard at a 410 SxS for skeet and some sporting clays. The CZ Sharptail is calling to me. Read everything I can get my hands on. Read they are stiff on the break and won’t last for years with moderate shooting.

Your opinions, please

Post subject: Re: CZ 410 Sharptail opinions
PostPosted: Mon Jan 25, 2021 8:47 am 
Tournament Grade

The quality of the CZ shotguns continues to improve. The current generation of guns are very nice. I have a Bobwhite G2. I am very pleased with it. For hunting use these guns should last for many years and perform well. However, for high volume target use only time will tell how they hold up.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 25, 2021 11:25 am 
Utility Grade

jkmo wrote:
Longtime shooter. Looking hard at a 410 SxS for skeet and some sporting clays. The CZ Sharptail is calling to me. Read everything I can get my hands on. Read they are stiff on the break and won’t last for years with moderate shooting.

Your opinions, please

Why do you think people would say these things if they didn't feel they were true? There are guns that almost everyone recognizes to be better that don't cost that much more.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 27, 2021 8:27 am 
*Proud to be a*
*Proud to be a*

I have 3 CZ shotguns (Huglu) with close to 80k rounds through them, had a part break on one of them, cost me nothing to ship it to them and they fixed it and sent it back in a week. I like mine.

cdb

PostPosted: Wed Jan 27, 2021 10:21 am 
Crown Grade

Oldfarmer2 wrote:
jkmo wrote:

Your opinions, please

Why do you think people would say these things if they didn't feel they were true? There are guns that almost everyone recognizes to be better that don't cost that much more.

Could be following the herd and dumping on the inexpensive Turkish guns because it seems the thing to do. I have 8 Turkish guns, mainly SXS's, and they have proven reliable, but definitely built to a price point. More hand labor spent on fitting parts and refining function would have made them much better guns, but much more expensive. I've taken the time to do a bit of hand work on my guns' innards to improve the trigger pulls and smooth their operation, but many people are well served with a gun that doesn't have those refinements, but does fit their budget.

This is a picture of one of my Evil Turkish guns by AKUS, one of the better Turkish makers. It is a Dickinson Prestige true sidelock 12 ga SXS with 30" barrels. The gun was obviously built with a lot more hand work than the average price point gun and although still a little new and stiff to open and close (cocking the ejectors on closing), the trigger are just great and the gun is the equal of my other sidelocks by Spanish makers. I had the leather covered pad installed to replace the checkered wooden butt.

Last edited by Riflemeister on Wed Jan 27, 2021 10:29 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 27, 2021 10:22 am 
*Proud to be a*
*Proud to be a*

I have one in 28 gauge and love it. Much better than the Ringneck I had, especially since they upgraded from the Ringneck and changed the triggers and spring.

Bob

PostPosted: Sat Jan 30, 2021 5:23 pm 
Field Grade

I finally got my hands on a Sharptail in 410 today. It looked and felt solid. Trigger wasn’t bad at all. Pointed where I looked. Wood to metal was good. I handled a straight grip Tristar Bristol 410 the other day. It was beautiful, closed hard but it was so tiny it seemed like a toy

PostPosted: Sat Feb 06, 2021 10:03 pm 
Field Grade

Bought a 410 CZ Sharptail last Tuesday. Did the paperwork etc , Tuesday about noon. Still in Illinois gun jail. Supposed to take 3 days. Used gun that looks like new . 90 year old quail hunter bought it and it was to heavy. Built on a 28 gauge frame. Got a MEC Junior and rolled off 5 today to test.