Post subject: Re: 1946 Remington Sportsman M11 is a goodern
PostPosted: Fri Jan 29, 2021 9:19 pm 
Limited Edition

Great post SUPER!

PostPosted: Sat Jan 30, 2021 2:27 pm 
*Proud to be a*
*Proud to be a*

Malvern told Jean who told my mother, that as Mama walked away towards the juke box Daddy looked at Malvern and said:

Oh my God Malvern, I’m going to marry that girl!!!

Look at that wasp waist and the way she walks, I’m going to wake up every morning with HER!

(He had no idea she was the world’s worst snorer, not that he’d have minded at all)

When I drove Mama in a pain medication induced haze from the Bolivar hospital to the nursing home in my Cadillac in 2009 I thought about taking her by her house for one last look, but didn’t think I could stand it, so I took her straight to the nursing home about a mile from my home, a hundred miles from Humansville.

Medicare had quit paying for intensive care at the Bolivar hospital.

I had a cell phone to call ahead, and the nurses came out to my car and gently put Mama in a wheel chair and wheeled her to her new room while I signed all the paperwork.

When I’d finished I went to Mama’s room and she had two nurses sitting in front her, she’d already charmed by commenting favorably on something they wore or the color of their eyes, and she said

There’s my baby boy!

Come sit beside your poor old widowed mother, because I’ve made you out a list of things I want from that Dollar General just down the road a little bit, near the railroad tracks.

There was a list of makeup, lipstick, cold cream, nail polish, perfume, mouthwash, and hair dye, and other such essentials, and Pepsi.

She said every other old lady in this nursing home may have given up, but me.

1946 Pond’s Glamour Tips film

When I got back I had my guitar, and she checked off my list, then I wheeled her down to the visitor’s room and asked if she had any requests.

She said sing No One Will Ever Know

It was the last song she sang at the J BAR H rodeo in 1946, she said. All the boys coming home from the war loved it, according to Mama.

NO ONE WILL EVER KNOW

Texas Jim Lewis version

The boys who bought the Sportsman shotguns, wanted a pretty girl to show their shiny new gun.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 30, 2021 3:16 pm 
Crown Grade

Location: somewhere east of the I-95 corridor, until you get to connecticut. but you can bank on vanzant, mo..
hey super...so when you gonna mosey on down to vanzant and shoot with us at my place? apr is the next meet.
all you guys knew that im selling my 12,16, and 20ga m11 sportsman SKEET GUNS in the semi auto classified, right?

NRA Shotgun Instructor
Range Owner:
https://www.claytargetsonline.com/location/vanzant-clay-pigeon-farm/