ShotGunWorld Shotguns

It is currently Sat Feb 27, 2021 7:49 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: New ou
PostPosted: Mon Jan 25, 2021 10:32 am 
Utility Grade

My son is 13 and shoots modified trap for 4H.It's time to buy him his own shotgun due to the fact he is wearing my benelli m1 out.We are looking at O/U's and our budget is around 3 grand.He likes the Browning cynergy and the 725 and they both fit him pretty good but he doesn't want the wife and I to drop 3 grand on a shotgun.Any help would be appreciated.

Post subject: Re: New ou
PostPosted: Mon Jan 25, 2021 11:01 am 
Crown Grade

I’d look at the Browning CX series.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 25, 2021 11:33 am 
Utility Grade

Once he has the Browning O/U he will never wish it were a cheaper gun. Teach him the life lesson of buying the best tools he can afford. Too many parents teach their children to throw their money away on stuff they will throw away.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 25, 2021 11:59 am 
Utility Grade

Mporche, I sent you a PM.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 25, 2021 12:06 pm 
Diamond Grade

I have a Browning CXT that I like and shoot well.
This gun is typically available for $1800-$1900.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 25, 2021 12:50 pm 
Diamond Grade

Mporche wrote:
My son is 13 and shoots modified trap for 4H.It's time to buy him his own shotgun due to the fact he is wearing my benelli m1 out.We are looking at O/U's and our budget is around 3 grand.He likes the Browning cynergy and the 725 and they both fit him pretty good but he doesn't want the wife and I to drop 3 grand on a shotgun.Any help would be appreciated.

Impressive on two counts!

1) You've budgeted a realistic amount of money to buy a quality shotgun.
2) Your teenage son doesn't want you to spend all the budgeted money on him!

Well done.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 25, 2021 1:43 pm 
*Proud to be a*
*Proud to be a*

Mporche wrote:

My kids all shot FFA trap.

At the finals the gun the winning teams used was the BT-99.

https://www.browning.com/products/firea ... bt-99.html

There’ll be time enough later for an over and under.

He probably will want some kind of plastic blaster semi auto like yours anyway to hunt with.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 25, 2021 7:36 pm 
*Proud to be a*
*Proud to be a*

Check out Guns Unlimited in Omaha, Ne. They may be the largest Browning dealer in the U.S. They currently have exclusive rights to 15 models with a lot of trap choices. You can get a sporting model for less than $2000.