ShotGunWorld Shotguns

It is currently Sat Feb 27, 2021 6:48 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: First shotgun
PostPosted: Sun Feb 21, 2021 5:28 pm 
Utility Grade

Hi there!
Im going to get a first shotgun for the clays shooting. My price range is 3-4k max. I can buy slightly used, no problem with this. I keep my eyes on 694 30/32", Rizzini s2000, Zoli Zsport.
May be someone can advice me something else for this money? Be appreciate if you post with the model number.
Thanks to all, Alex
PS sorry if i post twice, just cant find my previous msg

Post subject: Re: First shotgun
PostPosted: Sun Feb 21, 2021 8:13 pm 
Crown Grade

Browning 725 is also another possibility; find the one that fits

Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience, George Carlin

PostPosted: Sun Feb 21, 2021 8:21 pm 
*Proud to be a*
*Proud to be a*

Lehan wrote:
Hi there!
Im going to get a first shotgun for the clays shooting. My price range is 3-4k max. I can buy slightly used, no problem with this. I keep my eyes on 694 30/32", Rizzini s2000, Zoli Zsport.
May be someone can advice me something else for this money? Be appreciate if you post with the model number.
Thanks to all, Alex

Is there some reason why you're jumping ahead to the $3K-$4K price range right off the bat? Countless avid shotgun sports enthusiasts go their entire lives satisfied with much lesser guns . . . well, not lesser in terms of effectiveness. No $4,000 shotgun is going to break birds any better than a $2,000- $2,500 Beretta or Browning.

It's OK that you want to get something nice (as if an ordinary Browning wasn't nice), but it might not be the wisest course. Many a shotgun shooter has gotten involved in the sport and discovered that his first choice of shotgun wasn't ideal for him. As he/she learns and develops they get a better sense of what works for them. Frankly, a less-expensive B gun would be easier to resell at the gun club, if you decide to go a different direction.

Just saying . . .

PostPosted: Sun Feb 21, 2021 9:19 pm 
Utility Grade

Bladeswitcher wrote:
Lehan wrote:
Hi there!
Thanks to all, Alex

Is there some reason why you're jumping ahead to the $3K-$4K price range right off the bat? Countless avid shotgun sports enthusiasts go their entire lives satisfied with much lesser guns . . . well, not lesser in terms of effectiveness. No $4,000 shotgun is going to break birds any better than a $2,000- $2,500 Beretta or Browning.

It's OK that you want to get something nice (as if an ordinary Browning wasn't nice), but it might not be the wisest course. Many a shotgun shooter has gotten involved in the sport and discovered that his first choice of shotgun wasn't ideal for him. As he/she learns and develops they get a better sense of what works for them. Frankly, a less-expensive B gun would be easier to resell at the gun club, if you decide to go a different direction.

Just saying . . .

Heh, you right,Blade, but i'm almost 50 and i can't to do serious sports achievements.I want to get a shotgun to please the eyes and shoot perfectly. Keep his value, that's it. I own a lot handguns/revolvers, but no one glock. Sorry for the comparison.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 21, 2021 9:33 pm 
Field Grade

I think a gently used 694 would make you very happy, and they’re great guns.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 21, 2021 10:12 pm 
Utility Grade

Flyingtargets! wrote:
I think a gently used 694 would make you very happy, and they’re great guns.

Agree 694, nice. We can discuss if somebody wants to sell it.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 21, 2021 10:24 pm 
Tournament Grade

Blaser F16
https://www.covecreekoutfitters.com/pro ... 2-grade-4/
no affiliation

PostPosted: Sun Feb 21, 2021 10:39 pm 
Field Grade

The Beretta Gallery at Bass Pro has a new one for $4099 that I saw on Guns International.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 22, 2021 7:46 am 
Utility Grade

I got back into clays last year after a thirty year odd absence (I'm 62) I have a Beretta Silver Pigeon 1 which I am more than pleased with, the only additions to it have been some Beretta extended 50mm chokes, I'm just using for the local clay club, not intending to get to the Nationals etc. Good gun and more than happy with it.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 22, 2021 9:02 am 
Field Grade

Was in your exact same boat, been shooting and collecting for a long min and recently got more serious about clay shooting.

When you open up my safes, I tend to have nicer stuff in there. I knew if I bought an entry level clay gun, I would still get a $4k gun anyways.

I say get the gun you want, but try as many as you can to figure out which gun that is.

Personally, I was torn between a Zoli Kronos and a Blaser F3 or F16. I have a F16 Field and a Z Game Extra, so I am somewhat familiar with both brands. Ended up finding a very lightly used Kronos and couldn't be happier. I am actually going to get it fitted (was damn close out of the box) this weekend.

Good luck on your search.

Cheers

PostPosted: Tue Feb 23, 2021 11:48 pm 
Tournament Grade

oneounceload wrote:
Browning 725 is also another possibility; find the one that fits

I got my first gun about 6 months ago. I originally had my heart set on a CZ, figuring that I'd start small and work my way up.

But, I ended up with a Browning 725 sporting that I got for a price I couldn't say no to.

Do I think its a great gun? absolutely! But I have little or no frame of reference since its my first. My mount is a "work in progress" and I have absolutely no idea if one gun fits me more than another would at this point.

So pick one that looks nice if that's your criteria.

MEC 9000
Google search to figure out how to use it