ShotGunWorld Shotguns

It is currently Sat Apr 17, 2021 12:17 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 16 posts ] 
Author Message
 Post subject: First shotgun
PostPosted: Sun Feb 21, 2021 5:28 pm 
Utility Grade

Joined: Sun Feb 21, 2021 4:47 pm
Posts: 6
Location: Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
Hi there!
Im going to get a first shotgun for the clays shooting. My price range is 3-4k max. I can buy slightly used, no problem with this. I keep my eyes on 694 30/32", Rizzini s2000, Zoli Zsport.
May be someone can advice me something else for this money? Be appreciate if you post with the model number.
Thanks to all, Alex
PS sorry if i post twice, just cant find my previous msg




Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: First shotgun
PostPosted: Sun Feb 21, 2021 8:13 pm 
Crown Grade
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 08, 2008 6:20 pm
Posts: 23370
Browning 725 is also another possibility; find the one that fits

_________________
The bitterness of poor quality is remembered long after the sweetness of low price has faded from memory, Aldo Gucci

Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience, George Carlin


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: First shotgun
PostPosted: Sun Feb 21, 2021 8:21 pm 
*Proud to be a*
*Proud to be a*

Joined: Wed Dec 14, 2005 8:03 pm
Posts: 4403
Location: Mid-Missouri
Lehan wrote:
Hi there!
Im going to get a first shotgun for the clays shooting. My price range is 3-4k max. I can buy slightly used, no problem with this. I keep my eyes on 694 30/32", Rizzini s2000, Zoli Zsport.
May be someone can advice me something else for this money? Be appreciate if you post with the model number.
Thanks to all, Alex
PS sorry if i post twice, just cant find my previous msg



Is there some reason why you're jumping ahead to the $3K-$4K price range right off the bat? Countless avid shotgun sports enthusiasts go their entire lives satisfied with much lesser guns . . . well, not lesser in terms of effectiveness. No $4,000 shotgun is going to break birds any better than a $2,000- $2,500 Beretta or Browning.

It's OK that you want to get something nice (as if an ordinary Browning wasn't nice), but it might not be the wisest course. Many a shotgun shooter has gotten involved in the sport and discovered that his first choice of shotgun wasn't ideal for him. As he/she learns and develops they get a better sense of what works for them. Frankly, a less-expensive B gun would be easier to resell at the gun club, if you decide to go a different direction.

Just saying . . .


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: First shotgun
PostPosted: Sun Feb 21, 2021 9:19 pm 
Utility Grade

Joined: Sun Feb 21, 2021 4:47 pm
Posts: 6
Location: Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
Bladeswitcher wrote:
Lehan wrote:
Hi there!
Im going to get a first shotgun for the clays shooting. My price range is 3-4k max. I can buy slightly used, no problem with this. I keep my eyes on 694 30/32", Rizzini s2000, Zoli Zsport.
May be someone can advice me something else for this money? Be appreciate if you post with the model number.
Thanks to all, Alex
PS sorry if i post twice, just cant find my previous msg



Is there some reason why you're jumping ahead to the $3K-$4K price range right off the bat? Countless avid shotgun sports enthusiasts go their entire lives satisfied with much lesser guns . . . well, not lesser in terms of effectiveness. No $4,000 shotgun is going to break birds any better than a $2,000- $2,500 Beretta or Browning.

It's OK that you want to get something nice (as if an ordinary Browning wasn't nice), but it might not be the wisest course. Many a shotgun shooter has gotten involved in the sport and discovered that his first choice of shotgun wasn't ideal for him. As he/she learns and develops they get a better sense of what works for them. Frankly, a less-expensive B gun would be easier to resell at the gun club, if you decide to go a different direction.

Just saying . . .

Heh, you right,Blade, but i'm almost 50 and i can't to do serious sports achievements.I want to get a shotgun to please the eyes and shoot perfectly. Keep his value, that's it. I own a lot handguns/revolvers, but no one glock. Sorry for the comparison.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: First shotgun
PostPosted: Sun Feb 21, 2021 9:33 pm 
Tournament Grade

Joined: Wed Feb 17, 2021 2:57 pm
Posts: 221
I think a gently used 694 would make you very happy, and they’re great guns.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: First shotgun
PostPosted: Sun Feb 21, 2021 10:12 pm 
Utility Grade

Joined: Sun Feb 21, 2021 4:47 pm
Posts: 6
Location: Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
Flyingtargets! wrote:
I think a gently used 694 would make you very happy, and they’re great guns.

Agree 694, nice. We can discuss if somebody wants to sell it.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: First shotgun
PostPosted: Sun Feb 21, 2021 10:24 pm 
Tournament Grade
User avatar

Joined: Thu Mar 17, 2016 11:23 pm
Posts: 248
Location: Colorado
Blaser F16
https://www.covecreekoutfitters.com/pro ... 2-grade-4/
no affiliation


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: First shotgun
PostPosted: Sun Feb 21, 2021 10:39 pm 
Tournament Grade

Joined: Wed Feb 17, 2021 2:57 pm
Posts: 221
The Beretta Gallery at Bass Pro has a new one for $4099 that I saw on Guns International.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: First shotgun
PostPosted: Mon Feb 22, 2021 7:46 am 
Utility Grade

Joined: Tue Dec 29, 2020 5:17 am
Posts: 6
I got back into clays last year after a thirty year odd absence (I'm 62) I have a Beretta Silver Pigeon 1 which I am more than pleased with, the only additions to it have been some Beretta extended 50mm chokes, I'm just using for the local clay club, not intending to get to the Nationals etc. Good gun and more than happy with it.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: First shotgun
PostPosted: Mon Feb 22, 2021 9:02 am 
Tournament Grade

Joined: Sat Nov 14, 2020 9:38 am
Posts: 120
Location: North Bay Area
Was in your exact same boat, been shooting and collecting for a long min and recently got more serious about clay shooting.

When you open up my safes, I tend to have nicer stuff in there. I knew if I bought an entry level clay gun, I would still get a $4k gun anyways.

I say get the gun you want, but try as many as you can to figure out which gun that is.

Personally, I was torn between a Zoli Kronos and a Blaser F3 or F16. I have a F16 Field and a Z Game Extra, so I am somewhat familiar with both brands. Ended up finding a very lightly used Kronos and couldn't be happier. I am actually going to get it fitted (was damn close out of the box) this weekend.

Good luck on your search.

Cheers


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: First shotgun
PostPosted: Tue Feb 23, 2021 11:48 pm 
Tournament Grade

Joined: Wed Aug 19, 2020 11:44 am
Posts: 172
Location: Los Angeles, CA
oneounceload wrote:
Browning 725 is also another possibility; find the one that fits


I got my first gun about 6 months ago. I originally had my heart set on a CZ, figuring that I'd start small and work my way up.

But, I ended up with a Browning 725 sporting that I got for a price I couldn't say no to.

Do I think its a great gun? absolutely! But I have little or no frame of reference since its my first. My mount is a "work in progress" and I have absolutely no idea if one gun fits me more than another would at this point.

So pick one that looks nice if that's your criteria.

_________________
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Browning Citori 725 Sporting
Tristar Viper G2 Sporting
Tristar Sporting O/U (aka Turkish Junk)
MEC 9000 to reload


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: First shotgun
PostPosted: Tue Mar 02, 2021 11:56 pm 
Utility Grade

Joined: Wed Feb 17, 2021 7:28 pm
Posts: 2
Lehan wrote:
...
....I want to get a shotgun to please the eyes ....


it appears you are in Philly

its 4 hours drive west for you, but if I were in or near PA and wanted a shotgun to please the eyes, I'd go visit this guy:
https://www.joeletchenguns.com

shoot good

Poole


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: First shotgun
PostPosted: Wed Mar 03, 2021 8:48 am 
Crown Grade

Joined: Tue Nov 15, 2005 9:33 pm
Posts: 6676
Location: Mascoutah IL
Bladeswitcher wrote:
Is there some reason why you're jumping ahead to the $3K-$4K price range right off the bat?


$3 - $4k is pretty much an entry level gun if you are looking for a target shotgun with a finish that is better than Grade 1.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: First shotgun
PostPosted: Wed Mar 03, 2021 9:59 am 
Crown Grade

Joined: Thu Dec 05, 2013 7:11 am
Posts: 4684
Location: Western Tampa, FL
How about this one? Less money but not necessarily features, or performance.

https://www.shotgunworld.com/bbs/viewto ... 9&t=527612


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: First shotgun
PostPosted: Wed Mar 03, 2021 2:27 pm 
Presentation Grade

Joined: Tue Apr 07, 2015 5:52 pm
Posts: 675
Location: Michigan
oyeme wrote:
How about this one? Less money but not necessarily features, or performance.

https://www.shotgunworld.com/bbs/viewto ... 9&t=527612

+1 {hs#


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: First shotgun
PostPosted: Thu Mar 04, 2021 3:52 pm 
Tournament Grade

Joined: Sun Jan 18, 2015 11:13 am
Posts: 267
Location: Phila PA
Try as many as you can in your price range and buy the one that feels the best in your hands when you shoot it.




Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 16 posts ] 

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]


Who is online

Registered users: 1casual, Bing [Bot], Cimarron Red, Dek, dsohmer, elpato, EricB, Flyingtargets!, Google [Bot], Google Adsense [Bot], Google Feedfetcher, gunut 1, John H, md2020, ohio mike, polla1983, RPRNY, sigma_pete, SteveID, Stuck-N-Kali, Supertex1978, T-Pee, tray999, Woodymac


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group    - DMCA Notice