ShotGunWorld Shotguns

It is currently Sat Apr 17, 2021 12:27 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: CSMC Model 21 O/U
PostPosted: Fri Feb 26, 2021 7:11 pm 
Tournament Grade

I’ve been considering one in Pigeon Grade. I hear mostly good things about their SxS’s and Inverness O/U’s. I’d be grateful for your comments.

Post subject: Re: CSMC Model 21 O/U
PostPosted: Sat Feb 27, 2021 10:52 am 
Crown Grade

7dawg9 wrote:
I’ve been considering one in Pigeon Grade. I hear mostly good things about their SxS’s and Inverness O/U’s. I’d be grateful for your comments.

I’m very pleased with mine!
Shot a limit of So Dak pheasants with it last season.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 27, 2021 1:30 pm 
*Proud to be a*
*Proud to be a*

My buddy's got one and has had lots of trouble with it. IMO, it's not worth the purchase price. That said, his is one of the early ones; perhaps they've "worked out the bugs". In any case, it is not in any way, shape or form Winchester's vision of an O/U model 21. That's just marketing hype. The exterior of the receiver is styled like a model 21, but the guts are Rizzini O/U all the way.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 27, 2021 4:36 pm 
Diamond Grade

I have one in their standard grade but with exhibition wood and it's not given me any problems and is indeed a beautiful shotgun. It's the same mechanics as the Inverness which is to say it's a Rizzini design with Win 21 aesthetics. CSMC was less than forthcoming about that. I much prefer my Browning 725 Sporting in 20 ga for all applications and believe the Browning to be a higher volume shotgun. I do enjoy looking at my M21 O/U but I enjoy shooting my 725 much more. I keep my M21 just to remind myself not to judge a shotgun by it's looks. I bought it to shoot skeet and now shoot it maybe twice a year.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 27, 2021 5:20 pm 
*Proud to be a*
*Proud to be a*

They are pretty guns, especially with upgraded wood, and handle nicely. Too light for a serious target gun, but definitely a serious field gun.