ShotGunWorld Shotguns

It is currently Sat Apr 17, 2021 12:39 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Tristar TT-15 sporting vs Yildiz Sporting HPS
PostPosted: Wed Mar 03, 2021 8:35 pm 
Utility Grade

Hi everyone,

I am in the market for 1 all around gun for skeet, trap, and sporting clays. I currently shoot a 32 inch BT99 for trap, and a 28 inch Walmart special Tristar upland hunter over under for skeet and trap. I would like to have 1 gun for everything and am looking at the Tristar TT-15 sporting and also the Yildiz Sporting HPS.

Has anyone used these two guns for a 3 modalities? Or any other gun?

Does the TT-15 sporting have a steel receiver? Or a better question, is a steel receiver really better than an aluminum one? If I'm going to upgrade my guns, do I for sure what steel receivers?

Also, will shooting one barrel for trap put more strain on one firing pin, so that I could have problems when I go to shoot both barrels for skeet and sporting clays?

I started off shooting for trap, then fell in love with skeet. I know these guns seem to be a downgrade from the BT99, but I actually shoot more skeet than trap now. Probably 4 games of skeet to 1 game of trap.

Thanks in advance everyone!

https://www.tristararms.com/series/tt-1 ... g-sporting

https://www.academy.com/shop/pdp/yildiz ... -u-shotgun

Post subject: Re: Tristar TT-15 sporting vs Yildiz Sporting HPS
PostPosted: Thu Mar 04, 2021 10:15 pm 
*Proud to be a*
*Proud to be a*

Yes a steel receiver in an Over and Under is a must for clays.
The extra weight soaks up recoil and steel will hold up to heavy clays use.
Aluminum O/U's are only sought after as much carried and seldom shot walking the field guns.
As to you're other question I am unfamiliar with the Yildiz but someone more familiar with
those 2 guns will be along soon to answer.
My opinion's of low cost Turk O/U's isn't positive but YMMV.

Post subject: Re: Tristar TT-15 sporting vs Yildiz Sporting HPS
PostPosted: Fri Mar 05, 2021 2:55 am 
Tournament Grade

Cxd2010 wrote:
Hi everyone,

I am in the market for 1 all around gun for skeet, trap, and sporting clays. I currently shoot a 32 inch BT99 for trap, and a 28 inch Walmart special Tristar upland hunter over under for skeet and trap. I would like to have 1 gun for everything and am looking at the Tristar TT-15 sporting and also the Yildiz Sporting HPS.

Has anyone used these two guns for a 3 modalities? Or any other gun?

Does the TT-15 sporting have a steel receiver? Or a better question, is a steel receiver really better than an aluminum one? If I'm going to upgrade my guns, do I for sure what steel receivers?

Also, will shooting one barrel for trap put more strain on one firing pin, so that I could have problems when I go to shoot both barrels for skeet and sporting clays?

I started off shooting for trap, then fell in love with skeet. I know these guns seem to be a downgrade from the BT99, but I actually shoot more skeet than trap now. Probably 4 games of skeet to 1 game of trap.

Thanks in advance everyone!

https://www.tristararms.com/series/tt-1 ... g-sporting

https://www.academy.com/shop/pdp/yildiz ... -u-shotgun

Call Tristar. ask them about their guns. They answer the phone every single time

Browning Citori 725 Sporting
Tristar Viper G2 Sporting
Tristar Sporting O/U (aka Turkish Junk)
MEC 9000 to reload