ShotGunWorld Shotguns

It is currently Sat Apr 17, 2021 12:05 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Re: Retay Masai Mara: Any real world long term users? Help
PostPosted: Wed Mar 17, 2021 7:10 pm 
Tournament Grade

CanuckDuckDuster wrote:
SHughes wrote:
I have been wondering about this as well. All I seem to be able to find is stuff writers put out about them. You are right not to trust what they print as gospel. They do, in fact show bias when writing reviews. They often get guns gifted to them for their “tests” as well. Firing a few rounds at clays going away from someone isn’t what I’d call a torture test. I want to hear from men who’ve hinted this fun hard. I did see a review from the guy who is affiliated with DUX. He was shooting it along with an SBE3 while shooting on what he called a “farm hunt”. The Retay has cycling issues. The SBE3 didn’t.

CanuckDuckDuster, I didn’t think your comments were ignorant or rude at all. Some people have no concept of what is and isn’t rude. A certain person on this forum actually tried to shake me for being concerned about what he called an “inexpensive shotgun”. Once called out about it, I was actually accused of misunderstanding him. Check out the DUX farm hunt video if you want an unbiased review. Retay did give him a gun as well, but he didn’t automatically praise the gun. He let it speak for itself.

Ive seen the video you are talking about and the Retay having problems cycling light loads. With a new gun like his Retay it’s hard to know if it won’t cycle light loads or just needs to be broken in a little more. I will say the guy in the video seemed awfully hesitant and a little nervous to bad mouth Retay......

He actually seems to shy away from verbally bashing a product and lets it speak for itself. The Retay actually had a few rounds through it and the SBE3 was the newer of the two. I’ve only hunted with one guy who brought a Retay to the duck blind. We didn’t get an opportunity to shoot much. He let me fire a few 3.5” rounds from it before leaving. It shoots like an inertia gun. Stomps the mess out of you. Lol

Post subject: Re: Retay Masai Mara: Any real world long term users? Help
PostPosted: Thu Mar 18, 2021 10:54 am 
Crown Grade

oyeme wrote:
Well one of the biggest attributes of the Retay is they have a great warranty, but I don't know who handles it for them in Canada. I have handled a 20 gauge variant plus an Air King 3.5 inch one and to me they were clearly a quality gun but I simply don't have the long term extensive trigger time you want.

Remington had a lifetime warranty!

I don't think they are a fly-by-night outfit and from what I have researched, one of the few that makes ALL parts of their guns. I think that Air King would make a great goose buster for you but that is just my opinion.