ShotGunWorld Shotguns

It is currently Sat Apr 17, 2021 12:31 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Tristar info
PostPosted: Tue Mar 16, 2021 7:02 pm 
Limited Edition

A friend asked if I knew anything about Tri-Star shotguns. I haven't a clue so went to SGW. I found some odd and ends comments but nothing I could relay.

Can someone tell me who makes them and if they make anything noteworthy?

Thanks in advance.

s/f Steve

Post subject: Re: Tristar info
PostPosted: Tue Mar 16, 2021 8:09 pm 
Limited Edition

I semi auto G2 models seem solid. The ones I have were Turkish made by Armsan.

The O/U shotguns seem to be hit and miss for quality from what I have seen. Some are fine and others give problems.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 16, 2021 9:41 pm 
Limited Edition

I have Tristar Viper G2 410 semi-auto with walnut furniture That I like a lot. Been shooting it a couple of years at clays and doves with zero problems.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 16, 2021 10:10 pm 
Shotgun Expert
Shotgun Expert

Gunsite Guy wrote:

Thanks in advance.

s/f Steve

Their Vipers are Armsan: http://www.armsan.co.za/index.php/products

http://randywakeman.com/

PostPosted: Tue Mar 16, 2021 11:24 pm 
Tournament Grade

Gunsite Guy wrote:
A friend asked if I knew anything about Tri-Star shotguns. I haven't a clue so went to SGW. I found some odd and ends comments but nothing I could relay.

Thanks in advance.

s/f Steve

Within the past few weeks I added a new Tristar Viper G2 and a 6 year old Tristar Sporting O/U to my safe. I had read good things about them from the people who actually owned them.

Not quite the same bells and whistles as my browning. But they both feel good and both go bang every time I squeeze the trigger.

Browning Citori 725 Sporting
Tristar Viper G2 Sporting
Tristar Sporting O/U (aka Turkish Junk)
MEC 9000 to reload

PostPosted: Wed Mar 17, 2021 6:23 am 
Crown Grade

What is noteworthy to you? The bronze gets its share of press and attention. Upgraded wood, deep blueing, cerakote, scaled 410, 28, 20, and 12 gage models. $750. What more do you want?

PostPosted: Wed Mar 17, 2021 8:20 am 
Limited Edition

Good stuff. Thanks!

s/f Steve

PostPosted: Wed Mar 17, 2021 8:36 am 
Field Grade

Buddy been shooting auto and o/u for months with no problems. They shoot were there pointed ,he does well with both on clays. His new TT-15 will be here Friday, we will wring it out over the week end

PostPosted: Wed Mar 17, 2021 8:45 am 
Limited Edition

I had never held a Tristar when I ordered the Viper G2 28ga a few years ago. less than $500.00. very impressive for the $$ . I really like that little gun and it runs like a clock.
Tristar has a five year warranty and if/when You call them a Live Human answers the phone. if I was forty years younger I would have one in every gauge.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 17, 2021 2:26 pm 
Diamond Grade

I've been stung in the past buying a cheap shotgun so I've shied away from them for many years. Last year, after reading so many good things about them, I took a chance and bought a Tristar Viper G2 .410. I've put a decent amount of rounds through it at the skeet club and it is fine so far. Seems to be an excellent value, providing it holds up for a reasonable amount of time...

PostPosted: Wed Mar 17, 2021 4:53 pm 
Limited Edition

I have 2 G2's in the safe. A 12 gauge sporting and a 28 gauge Bronze. Both of them have been flawless. The 12 has a lot of rounds thru it and has never fail to fire or eject with just about any promo shell you can think of. The 28 hasn't had a lot of rd.'s thru it but has been flawless so far. A local shooter had trouble with a G2 sporting after over 10,000 rd's and Tristar repaired it at no charge. He shot it another year or more and it broke again. Sent it back to Tristar and they sent him a new gun. You can't beat that! One of the best semi autos out there for the money in my opinion.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 17, 2021 10:58 pm 
Field Grade

Anyone tried the TT-15 o/u? Tristar 12ga.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 19, 2021 9:47 pm 
Field Grade

Shot new Tristar TT-15 today, fit is great, recoil is nothing. Shot were pointed ,nice wood ,good trigger. Not a Browning or Beretta but nice starter gun for sure.Not sure how they can build them for the price ,five year warranty also. I have high end guns but would not be afraid to go with one of these.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 20, 2021 2:20 pm 
Tournament Grade

Moffett wrote:

I have a Tristar sporting o/u, probably a 2015 model, not labelled TT-15. Got it last month used. Didn't pay much for it. It shoots very well.

Not the same as my browning citori, but definitely a solid gun that is worth having. THe opening and closing of the browning is smoother, and the trigger is better. But I'm nitpicking here... There's nothing wrong with it. It has many things good about it.

MEC 9000 to reload

PostPosted: Sat Mar 20, 2021 9:47 pm 
Field Grade

md2020 wrote:
Moffett wrote:

I have a Tristar sporting o/u, probably a 2015 model, not labelled TT-15. Got it last month used. Didn't pay much for it. It shoots very well.

Not the same as my browning citori, but definitely a solid gun that is worth having. THe opening and closing of the browning is smoother, and the trigger is better. But I'm nitpicking here... There's nothing wrong with it. It has many things good about it.

Going to shoot T-star again tomorrow, see how it holds up. EDIT...Tri-star shot and functioned ever bit as good as the more expensive guns. Longevity is another story? Time will tell

PostPosted: Mon Mar 22, 2021 12:29 pm 
Tournament Grade

Moffett wrote:
md2020 wrote:
Moffett wrote:

Going to shoot T-star again tomorrow, see how it holds up. EDIT...Tri-star shot and functioned ever bit as good as the more expensive guns. Longevity is another story? Time will tell

Good update.

my Tristar goes bang, and hits or misses clays the same as my browning.

Its "functional".

DId you buy it or were you just trying it out?

MEC 9000 to reload

PostPosted: Mon Mar 22, 2021 12:50 pm 
*Proud to be a*
*Proud to be a*

Turkish autos are generally decent quality.

Turkish break actions are generally garbage.

There are exceptions to both rules, however unless you want to spend the time to pick the fly feces from the pepper, they are decent rules to live by.

http://www.sminglershotgunsports.com

Manufacturer of Custom Brass Barrel Weights for over/under, top single, and unsingle shotguns.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 22, 2021 10:59 pm 
Field Grade

md2020 wrote:
Moffett wrote:
md2020 wrote:
Moffett wrote:

Good update.

my Tristar goes bang, and hits or misses clays the same as my browning.

Its "functional".

DId you buy it or were you just trying it out?
it belongs to a friend ,he has three Stars and they all have functioned. Fun to shoot and not out much if they take a dump...lol