ShotGunWorld Shotguns

It is currently Fri Apr 16, 2021 11:34 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: F.A.I.R. shotguns
PostPosted: Wed Mar 24, 2021 8:32 am 
Tournament Grade

anyone have any experience with the F.A.I.R. competition line of shotguns. Quality ect.

Post subject: Re: F.A.I.R. shotguns
PostPosted: Wed Mar 24, 2021 8:49 am 
Diamond Grade

Had one of their lesser sxs guns. to me it was one of those 'great for the price' type of guns. esthetically better than most in that price range but not a 'joy to handle and operate' kind of gun.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 24, 2021 9:43 am 
Crown Grade

There's the Verona forum down under I love my... They are mostly rebadged FAIR guns.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 24, 2021 7:46 pm 
Crown Grade

I had a 3 barrel set....20/28/.410, 30" that had its own forearm for each barrel. Beautiful gun with gold ducks on one side and gold chuckers on the other with decent scroll work and above average wood. Screw end extended chokes for ea. gauge by Briley. I had purchased it used for $2800, yep, that's right, to shoot sub gauges in NSCA events which I did. Eventually quit the sub gauge routine and sold it for $3K about 5 years ago. The gun was great except the 20 ga. barrels were not regulated good so I didn't compete in that venue.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 24, 2021 7:55 pm 
Limited Edition

I have two FAIR Jubilee Prestige 16ga's. Love them! Comparable in quality to my three Beretta 686/7s but with WAY nicer wood. They also fit me exactly the same as my Beretta's. I have a couple threads on them on here with pics. Cannot comment on longevity since I've only had them a few years.

One thing to know is FAIR makes a huge range of guns at different price points (and under different labels), so many of the reviews you get are often times for their lesser priced/quality models.

I don't know about their competition line but personally feel comfortable buying the higher end.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 24, 2021 8:37 pm 
Presentation Grade

If their website is to be believed, they are all way too light to be serious competition guns. Further, they are woefully behind the times on barrel length. I didn't see any model that had longer than 30 inch barrels. I certainly wouldn't give them any more attention than I already have.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 25, 2021 7:19 am 
*Proud to be a*
*Proud to be a*

My FAIR SxS is very light. I like it though and the 30" Barrels are enough for me. It is in 16 gauge, so it is not a serious competition gun for me to begin with.

Bob

PostPosted: Thu Mar 25, 2021 8:47 am 
Presentation Grade

There is at least person on here that owns a F.A.I.R. Carrera One HR (high rib)

https://www.shotgunworld.com/bbs/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=488572&sid=ce62fd4795006b25c394bae4d64a8d89&start=0

I have been considering one in 32" at 8+ pounds they are certainly a valid target gun. And the price is right. Several of them out there for sale right now in that configuration. The F.A.I.R. line of target guns are confusing some are ported, some not and I don't like holes put in a perfectly good barrel.

Had a JEG Gold E 682\687 high rib custom target gun for ~15 years but sold it a few years ago. Didn't want to float targets anymore and went back to owning only flat shooting guns. Put more than 100K rounds through it. Don't know if the F.A.I.R. would hold up to that volume but from my experience so far would say most likely.

I own 3 FAIR made guns and never had a problem with any of them. The first introduction into the US by FAIR was through New England Arms. I have a NEA 500 16 ga. with both 28" (hunting) and 30" (clays) barrels for it.

Have put a lot of rounds through it but likely less than 20k mainly with the 30" bbl. I load 7/8 oz. for it when shooting clays.

When the Verona came out picked up a 12 ga. for my son to shoot. He eventually shot my B. Rizzini target gun and then the B. Rizzini became his, I had to buy another one for me LOL.

Ended up getting one of the FAIR Iside basic SxS guns several have mentioned. In 16 ga. of course. I love it for grouse hunting and even for clays with 7/8 oz. loads shoot it extremely well.

It is now my favorite grouse gun and I own a lot of them. Wish I would had gone with the single trigger for cold weather hunting with gloves though.

If you go with the Carrera One HR let me know what you think. It is certainly on my radar although I will likely get another SxS target gun first. Not sure yet as they are tempting me...

PostPosted: Thu Mar 25, 2021 8:38 pm 
Limited Edition

Vette Jockey2 wrote:
If their website is to be believed, they are all way too light to be serious competition guns. Further, they are woefully behind the times on barrel length. I didn't see any model that had longer than 30 inch barrels. I certainly wouldn't give them any more attention than I already have.

Here's a 32"

https://www.bearcreekarsenal.com/italia ... r-12-ga-32