ShotGunWorld Shotguns

It is currently Thu Aug 06, 2020 11:28 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Laser Trainer for clays?
PostPosted: Sat Aug 01, 2020 4:56 pm 
Utility Grade

Hey guys, I’m starting to get more serious about clay shooting. On a good day I shoot in the high 70’s on tougher targets but on a bad day it might be low 60’s. I figure I’ll be stuck in the house a lot this winter and I’m wondering if a quality laser trainer is a worthwhile investment. I shoot every other weekend and I’d like to shoot more but time and funds don’t allow me to shoot as much as I’d like. Let me know if you have any experience with these. The DryFire system looks interesting but I’m open minded. Also, what’s ballpark pricing on a good training system?

Southpaw shooter

Post subject: Re: Laser Trainer for clays?
PostPosted: Sat Aug 01, 2020 5:21 pm 
*Proud to be a*
*Proud to be a*

I had a Robert Louis LaserShooter with a screen for a while. https://robertlouisco.com/shotgun-laser-practice. I think it was helpful and was pretty enjoyable. I was new to shooting and it helped me smooth out my swing. It could have been very helpful but I had nowhere that I could set it up and leave it. Setting up and taking down was not great.

Jim

Post subject: Re: Laser Trainer for clays?
PostPosted: Sat Aug 01, 2020 9:28 pm 
Presentation Grade

DryFire was very positive for us, and wish we still had it. If you work at it, you can't help but improve. Worth the money in my book.