ShotGunWorld Shotguns

It is currently Sat Nov 28, 2020 12:28 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Beretta A400 xcel on order
PostPosted: Wed May 31, 2017 7:21 pm 
Presentation Grade

Would you trick it out from the start?
Use the Beretta Chokes? Adjust the shims???
End cap weight????

OR Just shoot it as is for awhile???

Thanks

Post subject: Re: Beretta A400 xcel on order
PostPosted: Wed May 31, 2017 7:32 pm 
Crown Grade

Shoot it for a bit and see what you need/want to increase your shooting enjoyment.

PostPosted: Wed May 31, 2017 7:38 pm 
Crown Grade

You need to adjust the shims so it fits you.
I found I needed to add mag cap weight for MY liking

Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience, George Carlin

PostPosted: Wed May 31, 2017 9:12 pm 
Field Grade

I would shoot it for a while. I did the same thing last summer bought one before I shot it sent it off to Briley had it all tricked out and now I'm shooting a Browning 725 and the a400 is for sale and I know ill never get my money back.

PostPosted: Wed May 31, 2017 9:16 pm 
Crown Grade

How much for your A400?

Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience, George Carlin

PostPosted: Wed May 31, 2017 10:04 pm 
Field Grade

I have it listed in the classifieds marked down to $1800. I have $2400 in it with all the Briley stuff done to it.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 01, 2017 5:07 am 
Presentation Grade

Farmclays wrote:
I would shoot it for a while. I did the same thing last summer bought one before I shot it sent it off to Briley had it all tricked out and now I'm shooting a Browning 725 and the a400 is for sale and I know ill never get my money back.

Funny-I may do the opposite. If I shoot the A400 well, I will sell the 725 {hs#

PostPosted: Thu Jun 01, 2017 9:39 am 
Diamond Grade

"Tricked out": I would get the end-cap and two weights as well as the oversized bolt release and that's it. None of those require the gun to be sent off. The gun is light, the weights made the greatest difference in swing ability. The small factory button bolt release will get old very fast, get the Briley oversized well spent.
You might make a post to see if anyone has the cap and two weights for sale on this forum. I know we have an extra weight that won't get used.
The chokes work fine, shim so it fits you and then shoot the heck out of it. The only other thing to do is stock work if it doesn't fit. You do need to shoot it for 4-6 months prior to looking at that. Ideally if you ordered with an adjustable comb would be of benefit. Well spent money and Gun fit is everything in this sport, you have to be at one with our gun to maximize your success and enjoyment.

TY

PostPosted: Thu Jun 01, 2017 12:35 pm 
Crown Grade

And since it comes with those shims, you can make all sorts of minor tweaks with cast and drop to get it close if not spot on. That sure helped me decide on getting one because I am LH, and most guns come with RH cast or you pay a lot more for the LH stock.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 02, 2017 4:38 pm 
Tournament Grade

Shim it to fit you and take it out and enjoy. The Beretta chokes are fine. Order a Briley bolt closure button. Order a weighted mag cap if you feel you need it after some shooting. The only other thing I would suggest especially if you alternate with an O&U is to send the trigger assembly to Coles for a trigger job. You can install the bolt closure button yourself, thanks to guidance on YouTube. The last trigger assembly I sent to Coles cost around $110. It was money well spent.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 05, 2017 7:49 am 
Tournament Grade

Texas Yankee wrote:
"Tricked out": I would get the end-cap and two weights as well as the oversized bolt release and that's it. None of those require the gun to be sent off. The gun is light, the weights made the greatest difference in swing ability. The small factory button bolt release will get old very fast, get the Briley oversized well spent.
You might make a post to see if anyone has the cap and two weights for sale on this forum. I know we have an extra weight that won't get used.
The chokes work fine, shim so it fits you and then shoot the heck out of it. The only other thing to do is stock work if it doesn't fit. You do need to shoot it for 4-6 months prior to looking at that. Ideally if you ordered with an adjustable comb would be of benefit. Well spent money and Gun fit is everything in this sport, you have to be at one with our gun to maximize your success and enjoyment.

TY

As stated above all the above help,the A400.
The paddle release and oversized bolt make the ergonomics/ mechanical aspect of shoot mulch easier. Have done the whole 'shmear'

Gun fit is paramount. The shims work well being left handed they were a life & $$'saver
Enjoy