ShotGunWorld Shotguns

It is currently Tue Jan 26, 2021 5:08 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Briley Wipickle switch failure and repair
PostPosted: Sun May 21, 2017 1:28 pm 
Field Grade

We are using the Briley Wipickles and they hold up well despite the environment they are subjected to.
The lifespan of the three pushbutton switches seem to be the limiting factor, and I'm searching for a better replacement.

I have been replacing these failing/intermittent switches with the same 700 Series part (700SP7B10M2REH). These function just fine.

I'm wondering if anyone has found a better switch to try.
For example the 700A series switch is IP67 (dust and water tight) certified.
Although the 700A I've found (700ASP7B10M2REH) has plastic threads and not the metal ones of the regular 700 version. I worry about its physical strength.

Ideally I'm looking for an IP67 (or better) switch with metal plunger, and has a cap so the rubber boot is no longer required.

Thanks for any and all help

Barry

Post subject: Re: Briley Wipickle switch failure and repair
PostPosted: Tue May 23, 2017 3:28 pm 
Diamond Grade

Elm Fork Clay Sports in Dallas is testing out a 3 button switch that is supposed to be indestructible, water proof, and good for at least 3,000,000 targets.

Contact Gordon McAleb at [email protected] and tell him that the people at Elm Fork told you to talk to him about his button sets.