ShotGunWorld Shotguns

It is currently Wed Oct 21, 2020 10:30 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Wobble vs Tri Axis?
PostPosted: Sat Jun 06, 2020 8:10 pm 
Utility Grade

Hi all. I am looking to upgrade my Atlas AT300 trap. I have been debating between the Wobble and the Tri Axis add on. It is 1k more to get the Tri Axis over the Wobble. Is it worth it? I am leaning towards the Wobble. Is an interrupter included in both?

Thanks in advance for the opinions.

Post subject: Re: Wobble vs Tri Axis?
PostPosted: Sun Jun 07, 2020 10:40 am 
*Proud to be a*
*Proud to be a*

Is Trap you main interest? I have an AT300 myself and have it mounted on an ITB (Infinity Trap Base) I have the Manual model but I can set up and throw what ever I can think up :) My purpose is practice for Sporting.

TSRA LIFE MEMBER
NSCA #610xxx

Rose City Clays - Tyler TX
5H Shooting Sports Frankston TX ( Formally the Chicken Ranch)
Caney Creek- Teague TX

PostPosted: Sun Jun 07, 2020 9:47 pm 
Utility Grade

hopper810 wrote:
Is Trap you main interest? I have an AT300 myself and have it mounted on an ITB (Infinity Trap Base) I have the Manual model but I can set up and throw what ever I can think up :) My purpose is practice for Sporting.

That's pretty cool. Thanks for sharing! Honestly, I don't have a preference. I just like to shoot clays. I will have to look into that product more as I hadn't heard of it.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 16, 2020 9:41 pm 
Utility Grade

Hi Guys. I just wanted to update this post. I went with the wobble add on for my trap and have no regrets. I just could not justify the extra 1k for the Tri Axis. I contacted Mike from Atlas and he answered all of my questions. He guided me in every step of the process so that I could perform the upgrade myself. Couldn't recommend Atlas Traps enough.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 17, 2020 7:44 am 
Crown Grade

I put the wobble attachment on my Atlas AT-50 and was really impressed at the quality of the unit compared to others I've seen. The wobble attachment did not come with the interrupter, but I am going to add it to my machine to solve the issue of the left/right and up/down cycles times being identical resulting in too much predictability as it repeats the same pattern time after time. Putting the interrupter on the left/right side will make the presentation completely random and save battery power, although I have two deep dwell batteries on my thrower trailer and have not had any low power problems.