ShotGunWorld Shotguns

It is currently Wed Oct 21, 2020 10:56 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: shell temperature
PostPosted: Sat Aug 15, 2020 11:01 pm 
Field Grade

Has anybody ever noticed if a certain brand of shell or reloading powder runs cooler than others? I noticed today that my normal load for trap gets pretty hot. Im not going to say what it is. But it is a handload I made for my Beretta Xtrema. Now that I am running a Citori, where your hands interact with the barrel and receiver more, you notice things like this. I don't think I will run those in the Citori anymore. But it brought up a interesting point.

Opinions?

Post subject: Re: shell temperature
PostPosted: Sun Aug 16, 2020 8:40 am 
Crown Grade

I noticed my barrels remained noticeably cooler during the winter months....and versa-vice.

Post subject: Re: shell temperature
PostPosted: Sun Aug 16, 2020 9:35 am 
*Proud to be a*
*Proud to be a*

I have noticed the difference in handguns. Some powders and loads heat the gun quicker and a lot more than others. I have no idea with shotguns. My barrels get pretty hot pretty quick in warm weather and that is all I know for sure. I never shoot heavy loads. It does seem like heavy powder charges would produce more heat than light charges.