ShotGunWorld Shotguns

It is currently Wed Oct 21, 2020 11:23 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: HELP!!
PostPosted: Tue Oct 06, 2020 12:53 am 
Utility Grade

hello everyone. I need some help with deciding what gun I should upgrade to next.
I currently shoot a CZ Redhead Premier target with a Monte Carlo stock. I have been looking to upgrade because I am shooting for College in the spring. I have been looking at a few browning and Berettas. The ones I've been thinking about the most are the Beretta 686 and the Browning Citori 725 trap. The browning trap has a high rib and a Monte Carlo stock and fits me great. My CZ also has a Monte Carlo so I feel that the browning will work great for me. However I will be shooting Trap, Skeet, and sporting clays in college. Everyone I've talked to says that it is better to have a gun with an adjustable comb and a low rib for all around shooting. Just looking for some tips and advice. Thanks

Post subject: Re: HELP!!
PostPosted: Tue Oct 06, 2020 7:34 am 
Limited Edition

Consider the Fabarm Elos N2 XL. Comes with adjustable comb instead of Monte Carlo and 2 interchangeable ribs for all the clay games. Should be just the thing you need.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 06, 2020 8:57 am 
*Proud to be a*
*Proud to be a*

When I coached college level shooters. The trap game was and still is primary. Skeet has been added, as well as sporting/5stand. There are few ranges and fields that offer skeet and or sporting compared to traditional American trap. The home club we used did offer trap, 1 skeet field and 5stand. Regional colleges with teams use this club because of the other than trap fields. This gun club is High Lakes Outdoor Alliance in SW Iowa and may be the only gun club in the state that does offer the three clay target disciplines.

My point is.....Skeet and international, trap and wobble, sporting and 5 stand are at the mercy of availability. American trap will remain the priority. A trap gun will be important to you and the team. A trap gun with choke tubes and adjustable comb for point of impact helps get you on all targets. What is most common is the college shooter shows up with dads old field gun that doesn't fit and has a lot of recoil based on a poor fit and not enough physical weight. My greatest frustration.

Maltz

PostPosted: Tue Oct 06, 2020 10:14 am 
Crown Grade

Browning CXS or CX.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 08, 2020 4:48 pm 
*Proud to be a*
*Proud to be a*

I would get an adjustable comb. Either factory or added on.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 08, 2020 5:33 pm 
Diamond Grade

I think a Browning 725 Trap will fit your needs quite well.
If the Browning fits you, most likely the Beretta will not.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 10, 2020 1:05 pm 
Tournament Grade

What college? Find out what disciplines they shoot. If they send a team (or teams) to Nationals you will be shooting all, skeet, trap, and sporting clays. An adjustable comb is OK to get the gun to fit your physique but I doubt that you would want to be changing it from say trap to skeet. My thought is to get a gun with a flat rib, a stock that fits you and that you are comfortable with and then get as much trigger time as you can.
Good Luck.