ShotGunWorld Shotguns

It is currently Thu Feb 25, 2021 3:13 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Re: Looking for a Sporting Clay shotgun
PostPosted: Fri Jan 15, 2021 4:59 pm 
*Proud to be a*
*Proud to be a*

The medium niche Berettas are very nice but you can get a Perazzi clone for your price range. Zolis are really fine guns.

Or save a while longer and get a Perazzi.

Our prentice Tom may now refuse
To wipe his scoundrel master's shoes
For now he's free to sing and play
O'er the hills and far away.

Post subject: Looking for a Sporting Clay shotgun
PostPosted: Fri Jan 15, 2021 5:52 pm 
Crown Grade

sera wrote:
The medium niche Berettas are very nice but you can get a Perazzi clone for your price range. Zolis are really fine guns.

A Zoli for $4200?

PostPosted: Fri Jan 15, 2021 9:11 pm 
Limited Edition

sera wrote:

There is a difference between nice and good. You may think a Perazzi or Zoli is “nicer” than a Beretta. I disagree, but it doesn’t matter. There is no way, however, that a Perazzi or Zoli is “better” than a Beretta. They won’t shoot better or last longer. They will just fit your idea of nicer. The purpose of a gun is to hit targets and to continue doing it for a long, long time. No gun does that better than Beretta.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 15, 2021 9:15 pm 
Limited Edition

drawdc wrote:
sera wrote:

A Zoli for $4200?

Not that I can find.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 15, 2021 9:29 pm 
Crown Grade

friend of a friend wrote:
sera wrote:

There is a difference between nice and good. You may think a Perazzi or Zoli is “nicer” than a Beretta. I disagree, but it doesn’t matter. There is no way, however, that a Perazzi or Zoli is “better” than a Beretta. They won’t shoot better or last longer. They will just fit your idea of nicer. The purpose of a gun is to hit targets and to continue doing it for a long, long time. No gun does that better than Beretta.

Not long ago, you were saying almost exactly the same thing about your Yidiz:-)

PostPosted: Sat Jan 16, 2021 9:33 am 
Limited Edition

Rooster booster wrote:
sera wrote:

Not long ago, you were saying almost exactly the same thing about your Yidiz:-)

Not so. Subtle but important difference. I have said a Yildiz was good ENOUGH. I have said it wouldn’t fail a 70+ year old sporting clays shooter during their lifetime. I never said it was best.

But riddle me this. You and others have derided me for not learning from those who supposedly know better than me. If my above post meant what you thought it did, I would have shown you otherwise. It would have meant I had learned the lesson. And you want to criticize me for that too. What is wrong with this picture? Talk about can’t win!

PostPosted: Sat Jan 16, 2021 11:22 am 
Crown Grade

Riddle me this......how is your reading comprehension so fouled up, you get that pile of rot from what I wrote. Everyone is just having fun with your prior ‘personalities’ and prior statements by same.

Nothing more Roberto, don’t flatter yourself;-)

PostPosted: Sat Jan 16, 2021 12:15 pm 
Crown Grade

drawdc wrote:
My wife shoots a Summit. It’s okay but the 694 is a lot more gun.
I don't really know what that means. I've had 3 mid range Berettas and whilst none ever broke on me, I have to say that none of them had the build quality, the finish quality, the attention to detail or the accessories that came as standard with my CG. Shooting quality and performance is pretty subjective but it would need a bigger move by Beretta than the 694 to get my attention.

Strangely, we pay a lot less for a Summit sporter over here. Street price is some £600 less than the 694 which may go some way to explaining why the 694 is still very rare - at least in my neck of the woods it is.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 16, 2021 12:46 pm 
Limited Edition

Rooster booster wrote:
Riddle me this......how is your reading comprehension so fouled up, you get that pile of rot from what I wrote. Everyone is just having fun with your prior ‘personalities’ and prior statements by same.

Nothing more Roberto, don’t flatter yourself;-)

Not everyone.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 16, 2021 5:36 pm 
Crown Grade

Well, that’s probably true:-). But you can’t count your different personalities, I expect they’re biased;-)

PostPosted: Sat Jan 16, 2021 8:20 pm 
Crown Grade

Trickster wrote:
drawdc wrote:
My wife shoots a Summit. It’s okay but the 694 is a lot more gun.
I don't really know what that means. I've had 3 mid range Berettas and whilst none ever broke on me, I have to say that none of them had the build quality, the finish quality, the attention to detail or the accessories that came as standard with my CG. Shooting quality and performance is pretty subjective but it would need a bigger move by Beretta than the 694 to get my attention.

Strangely, we pay a lot less for a Summit sporter over here. Street price is some £600 less than the 694 which may go some way to explaining why the 694 is still very rare - at least in my neck of the woods it is.

It’s not difficult to understand.

I enjoy your opinions from the U.K., but the price of guns there doesn’t do much for us here. Maybe the Summit price is out of line here. They’ve gone up over 25% in the last 6 years of so.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 18, 2021 8:48 pm 
Utility Grade

All folks here are right. BUT, everyone has his own preference. Your best bet is to go to major gun shops and mount bunch of them, see which one feels good to you. That is the key. gun must be LIVELY not a deal piece of rod.
Take your time and spend more than you intend. you can not go wrong with quality gun.
be safe.
shoot straight.
Mak

PostPosted: Tue Jan 19, 2021 9:34 am 
Crown Grade

Rooster booster wrote:
Well, that’s probably true:-). But you can’t count your different personalities, I expect they’re biased;-)

He doesn't even bother to deny it anymore. :lol:

PostPosted: Tue Jan 19, 2021 11:56 am 
*Proud to be a*
*Proud to be a*

According to the WWW , you can get a Zoli for less than $6k which was the OP's request.

For sporting clays , when getting an O/U , look for one in the 8-9 lb range w/ 31.5 -32 inch bbls. You will be glad of that weight when you are shooting 3 or 4 events in one day , which is not uncommon.

Our prentice Tom may now refuse
To wipe his scoundrel master's shoes
For now he's free to sing and play
O'er the hills and far away.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 19, 2021 12:05 pm 
Tournament Grade

Just order a 12 ga CG 32 in. barrel. This is the Summit Sporting model it's weight, 8 lbs.

Thanks for the all suggestions and input.

Steve

PostPosted: Sun Jan 31, 2021 6:22 pm 
Tournament Grade

Find literally anything that you feel you can make work and run with it. The name on the receiver honestly matters so much less than some people think.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 04, 2021 12:26 pm 
Presentation Grade

sera wrote:

Correct and I definitely wouldn't call a Zoli a "Perazzi clone."

They are not.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 06, 2021 7:51 am 
Crown Grade

Good to Go wrote:
Just order a 12 ga CG 32 in. barrel. This is the Summit Sporting model it's weight, 8 lbs.
The Summit is every bit as good to shoot as the more expensive CGs, Invictus models included. It's all the gun you'll ever need.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 09, 2021 9:54 am 
Field Grade

Bought a 694 about a month or two ago - merryy xmas to me. Left hand with BFast 30" for sporting and trap. I didnt want a used gun and the price was right from Joel Etchen. Really happy with it. I didnt see the point in getting the DT11 even though Id like one. looked at a 725 and 828U but like the Beretta best - and no history of piercing Cheddites (have over 10k of them)