Shotgun Forum banner

Beretta SP1 Vittoria or adjustable comb

4K views 13 replies 12 participants last post by  tresamigovizslas 
#1 ·
Hello all.

Wife is interested in getting a new O/U. We are looking at the Beretta SP1 Sporting w/adjust comb or the SP1 Sporting Vittoria models.

I am leaning more toward the adjustable comb for her. Can anyone provide any insight or advice on these 2 models.

thank you,

#2 ·
Worry more about the proper LOP for your wife's size and shape. Then a pad adjuster to be able to set toe out on the pad. Comb adjuster to set POI to exactly where she is looking.

There is a good reason there are gun manufactures that stock configure for women exclusively.

Maltz

#4 ·
Listen to Maltz.

My wife has an Elle model Perazzi. Lighter, shorter stock that is adjustable, etc. The Vittoria is the Beretta version.

#5 ·
thank for the input so far. I may not have explained myself clearly.

Based on my research, Beretta does NOT make a SP1 Sporting Vittoria model with an adjustable comb. The Vittoria model has a slimmer grip and the comb is higher on the stock, but it is fixed.

So instead of focusing on the Vittoria models, wouldn't an SP1 Sporting (non Vittoria) with adjustable stock be better?

I understand the LOP, but how can the Vittoria model be better for women than an SP1 with adjustable comb.

Thanks,

#7 ·
My wife had shot a man's configured gun w/ an adjustable comb for 20 yrs. She's in AA class. So yes. and make sure it's not too heavy.

#8 ·
kidrice said:

Based on my research, Beretta does NOT make a SP1 Sporting Vittoria model with an adjustable comb. The Vittoria model has a slimmer grip and the comb is higher on the stock, but it is fixed.

So instead of focusing on the Vittoria models, wouldn't an SP1 Sporting (non Vittoria) with adjustable stock be better?

I understand the LOP, but how can the Vittoria model be better for women than an SP1 with adjustable comb.

Thanks,
It may or may not be better for your wife. You didn't indicate if she is tall or small or anywhere in between.

But in a nutshell, the ladies configured guns are scaled more towards the average size for a lady versus an off the shelf gun like an SP1 which is scaled more towards the average 5 foot 10 or 11 man. An excessively long gun can be uncomfortable and difficult to shoot and may require different modifications to dial it in.

It may be worth asking around the places you shoot.....in particular other women shooters to see if any have one of these ladies scaled guns that your wife could handle to see if its all that for her or not so much.

#9 ·
kidrice said:

Thanks,
I am looking for a gun for my wife, either 20 or 28 gauge. Yesterday we were at a Rizzini dealer and they had a Light Luxe model for women. I asked that same question. The salesman explained that a womens stock should be a bit thinner, especially at the top so they can better get their eye aligned. I do not know if adjustable combs can be moved sideways.

#10 ·
One thing I don't see mentioned so far is the dimension of the pistol grip, guns designed for women typically have a smaller radius in that area.
My wife recently looked for an SP1 Vittoria with no luck, they are currently in short supply, she did try and eventually purchased a Fabarm Elos N2 Allsport. It has a stock designed for smaller shooters, adjustable comb and two ribs of different height, that said it still required shortening to get the correct LOP.

#12 ·
maltzahn said:
Worry more about the proper LOP for your wife's size and shape. Then a pad adjuster to be able to set toe out on the pad. Comb adjuster to set POI to exactly where she is looking.

There is a good reason there are gun manufactures that stock configure for women exclusively.

Maltz
Best answer!

#14 ·
The Vittorias grips are also cut smaller so the finger length is smaller so kids / women don't have to choke up on the grip getting thier thumb in the way. Pad adjust pad plate helps as mentioned above.

Just call Rich Cole and he'll set your wife up right. My daughters a400 Vittoria has a raised comb and Rich still added the pad adjuster plate for the best fit.

For adjustable combs you can always have Tron or Cole's add one down the road. But…. I'd start with a call to Rich Cole. We send all of our 4h kids to him and the results are pure magic.

DL

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.