ShotGunWorld Shotguns

It is currently Sat Dec 05, 2020 10:19 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Mossberg 500 safety latch issue - looking for advice
PostPosted: Sat Jun 13, 2020 9:56 am 
Utility Grade

So I’m new to the shotgun world, and luckily through all that’s going on was able to secure a Mossberg 500. Just got it out of the box, started shooting at the range and unfortunately the safety latch kept creeping back and turning the safety on, forcing the trigger into a lock position. Now at the range, no problem. In a life or death situation, huge problem. I kept my thumb pushing it forward at the range, but in a moment where an extra second matters, don’t want to get jammed up. Now this is a brand new shotgun. Has anyone experienced this? What should I do?

Post subject: Re: Mossberg 500 safety latch issue - looking for advice
PostPosted: Mon Jul 06, 2020 8:36 pm 
Crown Grade

Sounds like an issue for a gunsmith to me. Because I have had some arthritis in my right thumb for many years, I've never considered a Mossberg shotgun. In my opinion, there are better guns with better placed safeties.