ShotGunWorld Shotguns

It is currently Fri Dec 04, 2020 1:10 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: 12 gauge shotgun flashlight mount
PostPosted: Wed Apr 01, 2020 8:28 pm 
Utility Grade

Hello!! I have just purchased my first 12 gauge shotgun for home protection. What is a good tactical flashlight mount for a H&R Pardner tactical shotgun? Thanks for your help in advance.

Post subject: Re: 12 gauge shotgun flashlight mount
PostPosted: Sun May 03, 2020 1:28 pm 
Crown Grade

Going to have to go with duct tape, based on your choice of the rig.

Post subject: Re: 12 gauge shotgun flashlight mount
PostPosted: Tue Aug 18, 2020 2:14 am 
Tournament Grade

Sounders1619 wrote:
Hello!! I have just purchased my first 12 gauge shotgun for home protection. What is a good tactical flashlight mount for a H&R Pardner tactical shotgun? Thanks for your help in advance.
Despite other comments, about anything that would work on a Remington 870 will work on the Pardner. I assume you mean the P3- Pardner Pump Protector?

Are you familiar with Blunderbuss Technology? they make a mag tube extender that fits flush to the H&R P3 muzzle. Of course, like any reputable modern Remington, there are dimples in the mag tube that need to be driven out/removed to allow a magazine extension.

Another idea- you can swap to Rem 870 wooden Riot stocks if you wish to invest.

My P3 cost under $125 new, so I spent some money on stocks and other stuff.

Now- as you have seen, some put the H&R Pardner down.

There are also people who slam Remingtons, or Mossbergs, or anything that isn't their own personal fav.

The H&R isn't as refined as a Remington 870, but it should be just as reliable- and probably absorb recoil better with that heavier receiver.

I have a few pumps of different brands/models. I prefer the H&R P3 for HD use, as I am convinced it is just as reliable in my hands as my 870 SuperMag [3.5" shells hurt me too much], and I won't care much if I have to turn it over to the LEOs while they verify I was justified in saving my wife's life.

I might be upset at possible damage to a Winchester Model 12, or something of similar higher quality.

Yet- a P3 is an HD shotgun, where you have to be able to hit the target at distances that probably leave the wad striking the target as well as the shot. With a bit of attention, the P3 can be as smooth as an 870 Express, and probably just as reliable.

I don't have a light mount for my P3, yet. However, I am more worried about the recoil and possible damage to the light itself.