ShotGunWorld Shotguns

It is currently Sun Mar 07, 2021 1:00 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 13 posts ] 
Author Message
 Post subject: Under Kennel Drawers
PostPosted: Mon Jan 18, 2021 10:01 am 
Limited Edition

Joined: Fri Dec 02, 2011 8:05 pm
Posts: 410
Just picked these up from Ainley Kennels in Iowa this weekend. I had them custom made. Incredible quality, and cheaper than off the shelf models. The have recessed handles with locks, full extension heavy duty slides, carpeted interior. I had them weld on duck boat handles on the back so that I can run a chain or security cable thru them and lock to my truck tie downs. I can also bolt them to my bed, but the whole reason I got two made (which was more expensive), than one single unit was to be able to remove them when not needed. No wood anywhere to rot or mold.

Image
Image
Image
Image




Last edited by MNGunner on Wed Jan 20, 2021 7:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Under Kennel Drawers
PostPosted: Tue Jan 19, 2021 12:50 pm 
Tournament Grade

Joined: Fri Jan 29, 2010 7:14 pm
Posts: 238
MNgunner,

Those are very nice! I have the "Decked" system. Im probably going to sell it and build my own aluminum Boxes. The roller system on the decked box takes up a lot of room.

Any chance you could see if there's a part number or manufacturer on the guides and PM it to me? Trying to look at all my options.

Thanks!!


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Under Kennel Drawers
PostPosted: Wed Jan 20, 2021 6:07 pm 
Limited Edition

Joined: Fri Dec 02, 2011 8:05 pm
Posts: 410
Goldensrule! wrote:
MNgunner,

Those are very nice! I have the "Decked" system. Im probably going to sell it and build my own aluminum Boxes. The roller system on the decked box takes up a lot of room.

Any chance you could see if there's a part number or manufacturer on the guides and PM it to me? Trying to look at all my options.

Thanks!!



When I looked into building my own, I found Accuride:
https://www.accuride.com/
they make some really heavy duty slides that can take 100's of lbs.

edit: I found the only markings I can see and sent you a PM (brand and their phone number nd what I think is the model number).


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Under Kennel Drawers
PostPosted: Wed Jan 20, 2021 6:21 pm 
Diamond Grade
User avatar

Joined: Mon May 27, 2013 7:19 pm
Posts: 1990
Location: Indian Head Country Wisconsin
Nice drawers!


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Under Kennel Drawers
PostPosted: Wed Jan 20, 2021 7:04 pm 
Limited Edition

Joined: Fri Dec 02, 2011 8:05 pm
Posts: 410
Patently Obvious wrote:
Nice drawers!


Thanks! Yeah, I'm really happy with how they turned out and they were cheaper than many of the brands like TruckVault. No wood anywhere. Really heavy duty.

I did save on shipping by driving to Iowa to pick them up.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Under Kennel Drawers
PostPosted: Wed Jan 20, 2021 9:37 pm 
Field Grade
User avatar

Joined: Fri Jun 12, 2020 10:50 am
Posts: 80
I have under kennel drawers. I move it from my pickup or side-by-side depending.

This is from transk9... really nice to have it all safe secure and locked
ImageImage

Sent from my HD1905 using Tapatalk


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Under Kennel Drawers
PostPosted: Wed Jan 20, 2021 10:07 pm 
Limited Edition

Joined: Fri Dec 02, 2011 8:05 pm
Posts: 410
Rockett0 wrote:
I have under kennel drawers. I move it from my pickup or side-by-side depending.

This is from transk9... really nice to have it all safe secure and locked
ImageImage

Sent from my HD1905 using Tapatalk


I like those foam cutouts. I might have to think about that for mine.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Under Kennel Drawers
PostPosted: Sun Jan 24, 2021 8:36 pm 
Tournament Grade

Joined: Fri Jan 29, 2010 7:14 pm
Posts: 238
MNgunner,

Thanks. the accuride site seems to be down, I couldn't find the slides under the number you gave me but I did find some that should work.

I had a wood pullout box that worked well. Just had UHMW blocks that skid on steel channel. Worked well for years but was heavy and did not slide as nice as rollers would. I got a good deal on the decked but it is kind of a pain in my opinion to get in and out. As soon as I saw what you have I thought that would be the answer for us. Think it would be easier to handle two separate drawers.
We dont use crates, usually 4 or 5 dogs and as many hunters. The decked drawers are too small to hold all of our vests and guns to keep them clear of the thundering hoard on top. Drawers are only in for hunting season.

Thanks again. Not sure when Ill get to this project. But it should be fun.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Under Kennel Drawers
PostPosted: Sun Jan 24, 2021 9:47 pm 
Limited Edition

Joined: Fri Dec 02, 2011 8:05 pm
Posts: 410
Goldensrule! wrote:
MNgunner,

Thanks. the accuride site seems to be down, I couldn't find the slides under the number you gave me but I did find some that should work.

I had a wood pullout box that worked well. Just had UHMW blocks that skid on steel channel. Worked well for years but was heavy and did not slide as nice as rollers would. I got a good deal on the decked but it is kind of a pain in my opinion to get in and out. As soon as I saw what you have I thought that would be the answer for us. Think it would be easier to handle two separate drawers.
We dont use crates, usually 4 or 5 dogs and as many hunters. The decked drawers are too small to hold all of our vests and guns to keep them clear of the thundering hoard on top. Drawers are only in for hunting season.

Thanks again. Not sure when Ill get to this project. But it should be fun.


Take pics how they turn out! Yeah, I don't know if that number i sent was a model number or not, I'd just call the phone number they had stamped on it, if the ones you found are not going to work.

This is the accuride link (it works for me):

https://www.accuride.com/en-us


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Under Kennel Drawers
PostPosted: Fri Feb 19, 2021 10:49 am 
*Proud to be a*
*Proud to be a*

Joined: Sun Mar 11, 2007 12:37 am
Posts: 573
Location: Biloxi, MS
I have a double set of Ainley drawers, as well. The only thing I would change on mine is that I did not get the recessed handles.

_________________
HRCH (500) UH Ellie Mae MH
HRCH Tipsy MH
HRCH Zsa-Zsa MH
(These are my dogs, not shotguns) :)

NSCA # 517xxx (since 9/7/94)


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Under Kennel Drawers
PostPosted: Fri Feb 19, 2021 4:43 pm 
Limited Edition

Joined: Fri Dec 02, 2011 8:05 pm
Posts: 410
GulfCoast wrote:
I have a double set of Ainley drawers, as well. The only thing I would change on mine is that I did not get the recessed handles.


I didn't know that was an option until I was finalizing my order. Ainley makes good stuff! I drove down and picked them up and they gave me a tour of their factory and showed me some of the other custom builds they had going. One was 22 dog box goose neck trailer that was over $100K!


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Under Kennel Drawers
PostPosted: Fri Feb 19, 2021 5:30 pm 
Limited Edition

Joined: Sun Dec 01, 2019 10:17 pm
Posts: 307
Location: Trinidad, CO
MNGunner,
Could you share how much they weigh?

s/f Steve


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Under Kennel Drawers
PostPosted: Sat Feb 20, 2021 10:19 am 
Limited Edition

Joined: Fri Dec 02, 2011 8:05 pm
Posts: 410
Gunsite Guy wrote:
MNGunner,
Could you share how much they weigh?

s/f Steve


I actually don't have an exact weight on them. They are easy to move with two people (I haven't tried lifting them by myself in the middle). This was a requirement and why I had two individuals made and not one larger body with two drawers like they normally do (which would have been cheaper). I haven't moved them since I put them in my truck. I'll do a lift test and guess.

Update: I just did a lift test (lifted one side) and I would guess that was maybe 70-lbs or so, so each drawer is maybe ~150. This is a WAG though--just me lifting and guessing.

They are all aluminum--no wood at all so they are way lighter than some of the other off the shelf brands and unaffected by moisture. Though they are light, you can stand on them etc. They have made them capable of holding the weight of an ATV too.




Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 13 posts ] 

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]


Who is online

Registered users: BC45, billpoole, Bing [Bot], chilly460, cootsluicer, David Spear, ddivinia, dogfoot, fiver, Google [Bot], Google Adsense [Bot], Google Feedfetcher, Houndog, Majestic-12 [Bot], mark-60, Maser, mpolans, NailNinja, oyeme, papershell, raptor347, Rudolph31, Terrapin, wrfish


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group    - DMCA Notice