ShotGunWorld Shotguns

It is currently Mon Nov 30, 2020 3:30 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Heavy duty dog crate
PostPosted: Sun Oct 25, 2020 9:47 am 
Utility Grade

Who know what is the Heavy-duty dog crate? I saw same in this review https://pawsnose.com/best-heavy-duty-dog-crate

Last edited by grampss on Wed Oct 28, 2020 10:41 am, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject: Re: Heavy duty dog crate
PostPosted: Sun Oct 25, 2020 9:54 am 
Field Grade

if you don’t need to collapse or take them down the roto molded Ruff Land kennels are great.

https://rufflandkennels.com/

you can bolt two or more together.

Last edited by Mark Pfeifer on Sun Oct 25, 2020 9:57 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 27, 2020 3:13 pm 
Utility Grade

Yes. The Ruffland kennels are great. I have two of the intermediate crates. I can fit two crates side by side in a Subaru Outback. The intermediate with the side door option will fit in the back of a Prius II hatchback. Three intermediate sized Ruffland kennels will fit three across in the back of a pickup. Two intermediate sized will fit in the back box of a side by side. My 75lb Draath fits inside the intermediate size . Most of the NAVHDA breeders and handlers in my area use the Ruffland kennels intermediate size. The Ruffland bolt together and you can bolt them down securely for safety of the dog. I am not affiliated with Ruffland Kennels. I just think they are very good kennels and the intermediate size is the best.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 27, 2020 4:37 pm 
Presentation Grade

Would that be needed for a heavy duty dog? :lol:

PostPosted: Tue Oct 27, 2020 6:11 pm 
Crown Grade

grampss wrote:
Who know what is the Heavy-duty dog crate?

The rufftuff or whatever is the current name these days is hard to beat.
It had two weak points...the metal door and the latch.
The door has been updated appropriately but the latch remains the squeeze-type...serviceable but, imo, steps behind a good slam latch.

The Dakota brand has a slam latch, if I recall correctly, but may have a wire door.

The proper travel kennel really depends upon individual needs but both those units are good, both should last.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 27, 2020 7:53 pm 
Crown Grade

And don't forget a fan unit to keep the dog cool

Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience, George Carlin