ShotGunWorld Shotguns

It is currently Sun Oct 25, 2020 10:19 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Upland shirt
PostPosted: Sun Oct 14, 2018 8:15 am 
Utility Grade

Hi guys,

Looking to get some input or recommendations for a lightweight, upland, hunting/shooting shirt. Looking for something lightweight, that holds up to brush, and is at least somewhat resistant to burs sticking to the fabric. Maybe I'm looking for a unicorn, I don't know. Primarily need something for warmer weather for under my vest, so lightweight material that won't rip on thorn number one is top priority. Any input is appreciated.

Thank you,

Last edited by imartin on Sun Oct 14, 2018 9:42 am, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject: Re: Upland shirt
PostPosted: Sun Oct 14, 2018 8:57 am 
Diamond Grade

LL Bean sells one. I have a Columbia Sharptail II that’s been through 10+ years of hunting. Not sure if they’re made anymore though.

Edit: The Sharptail is still made, they don’t have the nylon layer on the forearm anymore. Too bad, but the Bean version looks like it.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 14, 2018 12:49 pm 
Utility Grade

Thanks, Eric. I appreciate it.

PostPosted: Fri May 03, 2019 12:00 am 
Presentation Grade

IMartin,

I have about every different kind you can name, from Columbia, LL Beam to Orvis, RGS, Field And Stream to Red Head & Browning. I use them all, if you want something inexpensive, pick up the Red Head they have been around sense 1856 and make good stuff, reasonable price 29.99. Many of the others when they go on sale have higher quality upland hunting shirts at decent sale prices. Purchase wisely at the proper times for the best deals. If you belong to the Guide Service on the Net, they have real nice upland hunting shirts for reasonable money also.

Remember if you live in certain states you must have so many inches of Orange on your hunting clothing.

Also Guide Service has some nice upland hunting shirts with the correct amount of safety orange, for reasonable money at $35.00.

Pine Creek/Dave
L.C. Smith Man

NRA Life Member/NRA Instructor