ShotGunWorld Shotguns

It is currently Wed Dec 02, 2020 1:37 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: New to hunting - need some advice on a gun
PostPosted: Wed Aug 26, 2020 3:20 pm 
Utility Grade

Hi all. Hunting is something ive always wanted to get into. I really love to hunt deer etc, and put food on the table through hunting.

I still need to get my CORE and CFSC etc, and planning to have these completed in the coming months, but i'd love some input into the best gun to start with (once I have all my courses and licences)? Dont want to spend a huge amount of $$$ I will get a installment loans, but want to get something that will be good for mainly deer hunting within a few hours of the Lower Mainland, as well as Vancouver Island.

Last edited by Cochanafr on Thu Sep 03, 2020 2:08 am, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject: Re: New to hunting - need some advice on a gun
PostPosted: Thu Aug 27, 2020 12:01 pm 
*Proud to be a*
*Proud to be a*

I don't see how you could go wrong with a good quality bolt action rifle chambered in .270 Winchester or .30-06 Springfield. There are many other cartridges that would suit your needs, but these two have been around a long time and are suitable for most big game. They're popular and are sold wherever rifle ammunition is available. Browning, Remington, Ruger and Winchester all make excellent bolt action rifles for them.

Good luck and welcome aboard.

P.S.: This is primarily a shotgun forum. You'd probably get more advice about big game rifles elsewhere.:D