ShotGunWorld Shotguns

It is currently Sat Nov 28, 2020 9:27 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Antonio Zoli value
PostPosted: Sun Nov 22, 2020 9:13 am 
Utility Grade

Looking for approx value on a Antonio Zoli Golden Eagle there is almost no information anywhere on the web concerning this shotgun, I believe it to be from the 50s-60s
Imported by a co. out of S.F. need to potentially sell it to finance a new trap gun.

Post subject: Re: Antonio Zoli value
PostPosted: Sun Nov 22, 2020 2:00 pm 
Crown Grade

IDK - The Antonio Zoli listing in the latest BBGV doesn't include a Golden Eagle.

You might have better luck via surfing others in the same condition that have actually sold recently online to determine a current value.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 22, 2020 2:53 pm 
Field Grade

I looked at a 12 ga. Golden Eagle about a year ago. From what I learned at that time the early ones with low serial numbers, more engraving, etc., are supposedly worth more. Possibly up to $2000 if you could find a buyer. Later models were sold at places like Sears in the 60s and do not have the same value......$200 - $500.

The one I looked at was listed at $450 and didn't sell for a long time. I doubt it sold for that price.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 23, 2020 1:36 am 
Crown Grade

American Import Co in S.F. imported Italian and Spanish guns during the 1960's and later.
Amongst the makes imported were Antonio Zoli and Ugartechia. Be aware that model names were frequently assigned by the importer and not the maker. While Antonio Zoli was certainly capable of producing high quality guns (Volcano Record, etc.), the Golden Eagle was more of a dressed up entry level O/U. In the 1960's and 70's, J. L. Galef in New York, Atlas Arms in Chicago and Mandell in Scottsdale all imported similar Zoli O/U's that retailed in the $175.- to $250.- range. Some entry level models could be had with a choice of bluing or color case. Most were non-ejector models. Due to lower Italian labor costs and the favorable currency exchange rates of that era, decent floral and/or scroll engraving could be offered at a modest surcharge.

The Golden Eagle employed the same typical Brescia box lock trigger plate action as entry level guns from both of the Zolis, Guerini Pintossi and others. The barrels pivot on trunnions and are locked to the standing breech by dual Purdey extensions that nest into vertical slots in the standing breech and are secured by a sliding crossbolt. IIRC, the Golden Eagle has false side plates.

AFAIK, Zoli USA does not support discontinued models imported by former independent importer/distributors. Unfortunately, the published value guides neglect to list a number of gun models that were sold under the importer's name or model rather than the maker's name. In 95% condition, I would estimate the value of a Golden Eagle to be in the $400.- $550.- range. As always, search the online auctions for actual prices currently being PAID for the same make and model in like condition.

DF

Montani Semper Liberi