ShotGunWorld Shotguns

It is currently Mon Apr 12, 2021 5:26 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 102 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6
 Post subject: Value of Stevens Model 94C
PostPosted: Mon Apr 05, 2021 2:25 pm 
Presentation Grade

eBay and Macon may be sources for stocks and forends. Google and find more. The “plastic” stock on your shotgun is Tenite. I think Stevens used Tenite during the war when there was a shortage of walnut. (Maybe starting production in 1940?)
Don’t know about changing barrel.

Many comments have been made about the Tenite being easily damaged and yours seem to bear this out. I have 4 Stevens 94 shotguns and one is a 16 gauge Tenite and it is holding up well. I actually prefer the the slim lines of the Tenite stock and forend to the wood.

Post subject: Re: Value of Stevens Model 94C
PostPosted: Tue Apr 06, 2021 7:13 am 
Utility Grade

Wildwood,

Thanks for the quick reply! I scoured ebay all day yesterday, and Macon seems to be a good source. I found a few other suppliers, and searching for a "Savage Model 24 stock" brought up more results than a "Stevens Model 94 stock", so there's a helpful hint out there for anyone looking.

Interesting that you find the Tenite preferable to a wood stock. I was told that the Tenite stocked guns kicked like a mule, since they had no weight to them! If the Tenite were easily replaceable or repairable, I would do so, but you know that's not the case.

I'm trying to find a 12 Ga. barrel to purchase for a relatively reasonable price, so that I can see if they are interchangeable. I will keep this thread posted.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 102 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6