ShotGunWorld Shotguns

It is currently Sat Oct 31, 2020 9:24 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: 1952 Browning A5 Light Twelve
PostPosted: Fri Sep 11, 2020 10:31 am 
Utility Grade

Looking for some info and a rough price estimate for my grandfathers 1952 Browning A5. Its sat in the closet for decades and needs to find a more worthy home.

Pictures with proof of life: https://imgur.com/a/14FWb2J

Looks like there might be some pitting but there was zero rust when I found it so Im not sure if thats just the style or if it is indeed pitting. The bore is shiny and new.

Thanks in advance!

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Post subject: Re: 1952 Browning A5 Light Twelve
PostPosted: Sat Sep 12, 2020 10:06 am 
Utility Grade

Gun Broker has the ability to search completed auctions. That is where I go to get pricing information. You might have to create an account to access this but try this link which should take you to the search page for completed Browing Light Twelves. https://www.gunbroker.com/Semi-Auto-Sho ... ageSize=48

PostPosted: Sat Sep 12, 2020 10:17 am 
Crown Grade

Looks like there is some pitting on the firearm, best as I can tell from the photos. That will affect the price, as will a fixed choke barrel, rather than choke tubes.

Last edited by BobK on Wed Sep 16, 2020 4:50 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 14, 2020 3:31 pm 
Utility Grade

BobK wrote:
Looks like there is some pitting on the firearm, best as I can tell from the photos. That will affect the price, as will a fixed modified choke barrel, rather than choke tubes.

According to the A5 posts around here the single star is a fixed full choke, two stars would be fixed modified

PostPosted: Tue Sep 15, 2020 7:40 pm 
*Proud to be a*
*Proud to be a*

BobK wrote:
Looks like there is some pitting on the firearm, best as I can tell from the photos. That will affect the price, as will a fixed modified choke barrel, rather than choke tubes.

Choke tubes in 1952?? I don't think so!