ShotGunWorld Shotguns

It is currently Sat Oct 31, 2020 9:06 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Fort Pitt/crescent double extractors
PostPosted: Sat Oct 17, 2020 8:27 pm 
Utility Grade

Hi Im new to this site and would like to say hello to every one on this post.
I own a Fort Pitt/Crescent double barrel 12 gauge shotgun.I have been searching for info on my gun but have had no luck yet.My problem is, the shotgun I have has two shell ejectors.Im missing the push rods or pins that activate the ejectors.I have no clue what they look like or what they are actually called.Im pretty sure I wont be able to find any replacement parts,But if I could find a photo of the actual parts I will make them.Any help would be greatly appreciated.I have posted photos of the areas in need.
I also posted on this site with better photos.https://www.gunboards.com/threads/12-ga ... e.1173617/

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Last edited by segdoh on Sun Oct 18, 2020 10:50 am, edited 10 times in total.

Post subject: Re: Fort Pitt/crescent double extractors
PostPosted: Sun Oct 18, 2020 9:17 am 
Crown Grade

I don't know what you have there, but it doesn't look like anything that ever came out of the Crescent Fire Arms Co. factory in Norwich, Conn.

We'll need more, bigger, better, pictures.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 18, 2020 10:13 am 
Utility Grade

will do. I was just going by a listing of Crescent shotgun manufactures. This one is stamped Fort Pitt. Sorry but thats the best I can do for photos because I don't know how to size them and save them the this website. and it will only let me post 3 photos

Please see these photos. https://www.gunboards.com/threads/12-ga ... e.1173617/

PostPosted: Sun Oct 18, 2020 12:50 pm 
Diamond Grade

Researcher and I have seen another Ft. Pitt, it most certainly is not a Crescent, but we are unable to ID the maker. I would strongly advise against attempting to shoot the gun, with any load.

Richard Baxter (1615-1691), Directions Against Covetousness
"Be more careful to use what you have, than to get more."

Kingsley Brown "Shoot more, shop less."

PostPosted: Sun Oct 18, 2020 1:28 pm 
Limited Edition

I, like Drew and researcher have only seen one of these guns. I have to deduce that they are all the same gun from : https://www.gunbroker.com/item/876460506.

The parts can be made by reverse engineering. But this gun should never be fired, as the ribs and barrels were drilled through at the chambers and solid rivets installed. This is a bomb waiting to be fused.

I wish we knew more of the design and maker, but with no other examples it will remain a mystery,

John

PostPosted: Sun Oct 18, 2020 2:17 pm 
Utility Grade

I would never attempt shooting this weapon.Its strictly a wall hanger.I have gone as far as filing off the firing pins.It would be only strictly for esthetics.I brought it up because I have never seen a shot gun that uses this type of a release system for the ejectors... Its just when something mechanical gets in my head, and I don't know how to figure it out I go on a total research campaign.Thats just me.
I thank you for your input.

ps. Thats the same gun that was on gunbroker..... I bought it for display purposes

PostPosted: Fri Oct 30, 2020 8:19 am 
Field Grade

Wow... never seen that design before. Interesting.