ShotGunWorld Shotguns

It is currently Sat Jan 23, 2021 4:22 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]


Image



Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 11 posts ] 
Author Message
 Post subject: Ruger current values
PostPosted: Sun Nov 15, 2020 10:55 am 
Crown Grade

Joined: Thu Aug 19, 2004 10:54 am
Posts: 2110
Location: Western Carolina - foothills to the Great Smoky Mtns!
Hope everyone is well and swell!

I am curious as to what going price ranges are for used but in Good to Very Good condition
- pistol gripped Red Label 28ga w 28”bbls;
- pistol gripped 12ga Woodside w 28”bbls; and,
- straight stocked Gold Label w 28” bbls.

I’ve checked some online sales sites (ie GunBroker, etc.) but, not seeing any actual, “sold for” prices or anything else that strikes me as relatively reliable ...

Thanks in advance! {hs#




Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Ruger current values
PostPosted: Sun Nov 15, 2020 11:18 am 
Diamond Grade
User avatar

Joined: Wed Oct 14, 2015 6:58 am
Posts: 1895
Location: Omaha, NE
Are you selling or just wondering? If you’re selling, just list them on an auction site and place a reserve if you have a minimum value in mind. If you’re just wondering, you can use guns.com to get an offer with no obligation to sell. If you’re shopping for those you listed then you just have to decide what you’re willing to pay. It’s tough to put a price on them without pictures. The Ruger shotguns don’t have a great track record of durability so keep that in mind.

Good luck either way.

_________________
The people in government want to disarm you because they intend to do things to you that would get them shot.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Ruger current values
PostPosted: Sun Nov 15, 2020 11:54 am 
Crown Grade

Joined: Thu Dec 05, 2013 7:11 am
Posts: 4424
Location: Western Tampa, FL
IMO, they are valued more on open the market than some on SW think.

Here are some completed prices, not asking prices, for the 28 gauge.

https://www.gunbroker.com/item/879708612 (26 inch version that sold for $1,651.00.)

https://www.gunbroker.com/item/875244451 (28 inch version that sold for $2,000.00.)

https://www.gunbroker.com/item/881076660 (Like new 26 inch version with box sold for $2,500.00.)

https://www.gunbroker.com/item/883412789 (28 inch version that sold for $2,000.00.)

https://www.gunbroker.com/item/880327575 (28 inch version w/ box that sold for $1,725.00.)

The 20 gauge versions are selling in the $1,000-to $1,600 and that one was for NIB versions.

There is one near new condition, first year 12 gauge Woodside with a light green colored canvas covered hard case with darker green interior sold for $3,504.00! That I would think would be the top of the market but don't know.

https://www.gunbroker.com/item/881665538

Good luck.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Ruger current values
PostPosted: Sun Nov 15, 2020 12:51 pm 
Crown Grade

Joined: Thu Aug 19, 2004 10:54 am
Posts: 2110
Location: Western Carolina - foothills to the Great Smoky Mtns!
EricB, oyeme, Thank Y’all!

I am wondering about selling; however; I am hoping to be able to face-to-face with buyers rather than “online” (I eschew shipping / mailing much I care about these days :-/

oyeme, THANK YOU Especially - I have login credentials for GunBroker but, I wasn’t able to see if the items I was able to pull up actually sold or simply expired (may have been my mobile device).

I really appreciate the assist as if I sell local I especially want to be within range of what going prices actually are!

_________________
Maryland: last law-abiding gun-owner out, please flush!
(On second thought, flush twice; it's a long way to Annapolis!)


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Ruger current values
PostPosted: Sun Nov 15, 2020 1:56 pm 
Crown Grade

Joined: Thu Dec 05, 2013 7:11 am
Posts: 4424
Location: Western Tampa, FL
thor_sen wrote:
EricB, oyeme, Thank Y’all!

I am wondering about selling; however; I am hoping to be able to face-to-face with buyers rather than “online” (I eschew shipping / mailing much I care about these days :-/

oyeme, THANK YOU Especially - I have login credentials for GunBroker but, I wasn’t able to see if the items I was able to pull up actually sold or simply expired (may have been my mobile device).

I really appreciate the assist as if I sell local I especially want to be within range of what going prices actually are!


To get the sale prices just go to "Advanced" and then the "Completed" tab. Put in your search criteria and you should get a view at all that meet your parameters.

https://www.gunbroker.com/item/881510779

https://www.gunbroker.com/item/879974931

Good luck.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Ruger current values
PostPosted: Sun Nov 15, 2020 4:19 pm 
Crown Grade

Joined: Thu Aug 19, 2004 10:54 am
Posts: 2110
Location: Western Carolina - foothills to the Great Smoky Mtns!
oyeme wrote:
To get the sale prices just go to "Advanced" and then the "Completed" tab. Put in your search criteria and you should get a view at all that meet your parameters.

https://www.gunbroker.com/item/881510779

https://www.gunbroker.com/item/879974931

Good luck.


oyeme, thank you again; now on my tablet (vs my iphone) I see either “Sold” or “Ended” when I click on each individual listing within the gallery (what threw me was alls each item mentions in Gallery of results is “This Item Ended.”

Side note: are they still bustin’ targets at The Silver Dollar? My wife and I have great memories of shooting there years ago (we would go when it wasn’t in full swing and we had a place to stay in not-too-far Clearwater;Indian Rocks Beach ... miss this days, now ...


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Ruger current values
PostPosted: Sun Nov 15, 2020 6:05 pm 
Crown Grade

Joined: Mon Jul 05, 2010 7:16 pm
Posts: 3523
Location: New England
thor_sen wrote:

I am wondering about selling; however; I am hoping to be able to face-to-face with buyers rather than “online” (I eschew shipping / mailing much I care about these days :-/




Then you should be prepared to receive much fewer $$$ for your guns than if a wider (online) audience has a chance to obtain one or more of them.

.

_________________
["CriscoKid", alias: Fat in the Can]


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Ruger current values
PostPosted: Sun Nov 15, 2020 6:48 pm 
Crown Grade

Joined: Thu Dec 05, 2013 7:11 am
Posts: 4424
Location: Western Tampa, FL
thor_sen wrote:
oyeme wrote:
To get the sale prices just go to "Advanced" and then the "Completed" tab. Put in your search criteria and you should get a view at all that meet your parameters.

https://www.gunbroker.com/item/881510779

https://www.gunbroker.com/item/879974931

Good luck.


oyeme, thank you again; now on my tablet (vs my iphone) I see either “Sold” or “Ended” when I click on each individual listing within the gallery (what threw me was alls each item mentions in Gallery of results is “This Item Ended.”

Side note: are they still bustin’ targets at The Silver Dollar? My wife and I have great memories of shooting there years ago (we would go when it wasn’t in full swing and we had a place to stay in not-too-far Clearwater;Indian Rocks Beach ... miss this days, now ...


Yes, they are still shooting trap and only trap at SD.

If you expand the view of the listings that say Ended, you will see a banner across the upper left hand side of the listing picture that says Sold. If it doesn't have that then it has probably been relisted due to a reserve that was not met.

By the way, it may seem risky but if you list your item with NO RESERVE; clear pictures and fully described as well as ending it on a Sunday night, you will should get the most interest and market value. In my experience, seldom if ever do the good value items slip by unnoticed and get stolen.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Ruger current values
PostPosted: Sun Nov 15, 2020 6:50 pm 
Crown Grade

Joined: Thu Dec 05, 2013 7:11 am
Posts: 4424
Location: Western Tampa, FL
CriscoKid wrote:
thor_sen wrote:

I am wondering about selling; however; I am hoping to be able to face-to-face with buyers rather than “online” (I eschew shipping / mailing much I care about these days :-/




Then you should be prepared to receive much fewer $$$ for your guns than if a wider (online) audience has a chance to obtain one or more of them.

.


Definitely! {hs#


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Ruger current values
PostPosted: Mon Jan 04, 2021 9:37 am 
Crown Grade

Joined: Thu Aug 19, 2004 10:54 am
Posts: 2110
Location: Western Carolina - foothills to the Great Smoky Mtns!
CriscoKid wrote:
thor_sen wrote:

I am wondering about selling; however; I am hoping to be able to face-to-face with buyers rather than “online” (I eschew shipping / mailing much I care about these days :-/




Then you should be prepared to receive much fewer $$$ for your guns than if a wider (online) audience has a chance to obtain one or more of them.

.


Indeed, I would tend to agree; albeit, Happy to report first gun is sold to a buyer who drove 3-hours one-way and couldn’t put the full asking price $$$ in my hand quick enough.

It is / I am fortunate I do not “need” to sell these guns and so can sit rather than ship for a wider audience; just downsizing and if this last one (the 28” Woodside) never sells all the better for the nephews, nieces and grandkids, haha! :lol:


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Ruger current values
PostPosted: Mon Jan 04, 2021 12:05 pm 
Crown Grade

Joined: Thu Dec 05, 2013 7:11 am
Posts: 4424
Location: Western Tampa, FL
thor_sen wrote:
CriscoKid wrote:
thor_sen wrote:

I am wondering about selling; however; I am hoping to be able to face-to-face with buyers rather than “online” (I eschew shipping / mailing much I care about these days :-/




Then you should be prepared to receive much fewer $$$ for your guns than if a wider (online) audience has a chance to obtain one or more of them.

.


Indeed, I would tend to agree; albeit, Happy to report first gun is sold to a buyer who drove 3-hours one-way and couldn’t put the full asking price $$$ in my hand quick enough.

It is / I am fortunate I do not “need” to sell these guns and so can sit rather than ship for a wider audience; just downsizing and if this last one (the 28” Woodside) never sells all the better for the nephews, nieces and grandkids, haha! :lol:



I think that model will bring you a real good price. I guess it depends on how much you value your grand kids. :lol: :?

https://www.gunbroker.com/All/search/co ... ageSize=48




Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 11 posts ] 

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]


Who is online

Registered users: 47MolineRTU, AJ-M12, AJR576, Artistic License, bbludau34, beaglemusic, Biigote, Bing [Bot], casonet, cbradford, civil1977, clayaddiction, Coach B, Combat Sausage, Curly N, Curtisj1980, D McMillen, dpe2002, drawdc, dukman22, ebcjr, EricB, ezz555, FlyChamps, Google [Bot], Google Adsense [Bot], greg5278, Hollywood22, I like pie, JoM, Keperkey, KRIEGHOFFK80, liveblues, Majestic-12 [Bot], Major146, Malcolm7, Mark Pfeifer, Maser, msmith, oneounceload, Rack-N-Roy, railroad, Reinar, remdog1187, rickeroo, roguepilot, rosiesdad, saskbooknut, senoiaslim, shacked, sherpa guide, shriker, smlekid, sneem2, snooky, Starstorm, SWPAMike, Tom Bryant, Vette Jockey2, Westender, Wheelspin, zxcvbnm


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group    - DMCA Notice