I have a 1100 20 standard frame with smooth bore slug barrel only
It has a camo synth stock no wood
It has a new Nikon pro staff scope
What would a fair price be both with and without the scope
Thank you

Post subject: Re: 1100 20 gage standard frame
PostPosted: Sat Dec 19, 2020 7:39 pm 
Crown Grade

I would respectfully suggest you find out via surfing guns-only auction websites for the same gun, in like condition, to determine how much they have been changing hands for, recently.(not whenever)

Keep in mind that "opening bids", "reserve" dollar amounts. and "buy it now" (BIN) dollar amounts are not values - they are merely the seller's hopes & dreams.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 20, 2020 10:36 am 
Crown Grade

Location: Western Carolina - foothills to the Great Smoky Mtns!
CriscoKids advice is what I typically do (most recently with his help! {hs# ) sometimes with more success than others and sometimes I run into a wall because many of the various websites remove or hide the prices either because the item was “Sold” or “Item Removed” (in which case “Sold” or, “Item Removed” appears where the price(s) amount(s) did) ... I can remember getting pretty frustrated, haha.

This is one instance where it may actually bear fruit (or even require) checking some of the published “gun value” books. I suggest that not only because they stopped making the 20ga 1100’s on the 12ga (or “standard”) frame - as well as any parts specific to those guns - but, I imagine the slug barrel versions were made in fewer numbers than all the other variations of “standard frame” 20ga 1100’s.

According to the attached out of J. Kuhnhausen’s Rem 870/1100 Shop Manual, it appears they were introduced in 1969 ...

And I’m curious as to whether or not the camo finish is original or was done after the gun left the factory?

Finally, your profile doesn’t show a location but, FYI and fwiw, there is a member on the Carolina Firearms Forums who has placed an ad in the “Classifieds - Shotguns” section who “Wants To Buy” a standard frame 20ga 1100 ...

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 21, 2020 5:14 pm 
Limited Edition

Standard frame 20 gauge is a very early model.
LT's, LW's in 20 since that era.
Your gun has probably been heavily modified.
If you find a standard frame 20 ga barrel you can increase value greatly.
My best guess is in present condition, camo, short barrel is $300.