ShotGunWorld Shotguns

It is currently Sat Jan 23, 2021 4:42 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Superposed 20- redone with adj comb added
PostPosted: Thu Jan 07, 2021 7:31 pm 
Field Grade

I’m hooked on this forum and this next one comes at a time when I’m considering of selling this particular gun. I have no idea why it’s worth due to being redone and having had an adjustable comb added.

I bought a 1953 superposed 20ga from a friend who has since passed. I believe he was the second owner. Somewhere along the line I am assuming the gun was redone as I would put it near pristine (like zero blueing or wood/clear wear) though a black trigger and a larger than normal front ivory bead. Another known modification was the addition of an adjustable Comb which appears to be very well/professionally installed and of quality components. The tang is far right of center and it’s choked mod over ic. It’s a gun that I’ve hung on to because of who I bought it from but living life as a safe queen ... which is a waste.

I know there is a sticky above to be read on posting pics ... just curious as to what a price tag range for something like this would be.

Thanks

Post subject: Re: Superposed 20- redone with adj comb added
PostPosted: Thu Jan 07, 2021 8:26 pm 
*Proud to be a*
*Proud to be a*

26" or 28" will have a huge impact on value, as will the quality of the restoration work and the grade of the wood. You'll need to post some pics if you want more than wild guesses.

[email protected]
http://www.sminglershotgunsports.com

Manufacturer of Custom Brass Barrel Weights for over/under, top single, and unsingle shotguns.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 07, 2021 8:57 pm 
Crown Grade

The price would be very low to allow for proper restocking, and then one would still have a refinished restocked gun.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 10, 2021 8:05 am 
Field Grade

Skeetman I just noticed you’re near by; I live outside of Attica.

Researcher- that’s why I asked. The restoration is gorgeous, as is the comb install. however, all original is usually the draw factor.

I was offered 1500 from a friend who wants a superposed (who saw it) and told him I’d probably do 2500.... but I know it’s the kind of gun that whether it sold for $10 or $10k I’d likely regret selling it.

I’ll try to get some pics up.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 12, 2021 6:48 pm 
Field Grade

Is there a phone friendly way to post pics? I just spent 20 minutes and ended up with a social media app on my phone trying to get imagur. I’ll could also pm or text someone pics if they’ve got the hosting service to work for them... I feel like an idiot. Sorry guys

PostPosted: Tue Jan 12, 2021 6:54 pm 
*Proud to be a*
*Proud to be a*

Email them to me and I'll put them up for you.

[email protected]

Manufacturer of Custom Brass Barrel Weights for over/under, top single, and unsingle shotguns.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 14, 2021 3:40 pm 
Field Grade

Sent. Thank you so much

PostPosted: Mon Jan 18, 2021 8:02 pm 
*Proud to be a*
*Proud to be a*

[email protected]

PostPosted: Mon Jan 18, 2021 8:51 pm 
Crown Grade

That looks like quality work throughout. IMO you are in the correct ballpark with $2,000 but then I am partial to 20 gauge supers.

There will be some Browning Superposed experts come along and give you more credible advice. If it was in fact re-blued then it would be worth less.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 18, 2021 10:47 pm 
Presentation Grade

This Superposed is an excellent hunting shotgun, but it is not a "collector's item" any more.
There is a lot of competition at $2k for a 20 gauge O/U hunting shotgun.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 21, 2021 9:02 pm 
Field Grade

Thanks again skeetman

I know it’s not original but I also know it’s not junk or a lesser gun than most of what’s made today in the price range it’ll fall. Just looking for some thoughts on a sale value, not jabs or redundancy on being redone.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 22, 2021 8:48 am 
*Proud to be a*
*Proud to be a*

So far you have not mentioned the barrel length for the chokes. If it is a 28" barrel and the chokes are IC/Mod or tighter I would think maybe $2500 if the work done on it is outstanding. Less if the work is less than stellar. Less if it has been bored to skeet and skeet. Less if it is 26" barrel. Actually the engine turning on the breech face just turns me off and I would pass because of that one feature. And since the 20 gauge Superposed is one of the few guns that fits me well right out of the box and I would not shoot trap with it the adjustable comb is not a big draw to me. It is one of those guns I would tell myself it is worth more than I can get for it and just keep it. And would love to shoot it.