ShotGunWorld Shotguns

It is currently Tue Mar 02, 2021 12:02 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Help with Identity
PostPosted: Thu Feb 18, 2021 9:47 am 
Utility Grade

I am new to this forum and I am seeking help. I am sure the story is like others. My father passed away several months ago and my brother and I were blessed to receive his firearm collection. As such I have an Over/Under shotgun that was made in Italy. It is a 12 GA on top and a 308 WIN on the bottom. I found a likeness online to maybe a ZOLI. I emailed them and they confirmed it is not from them. They suggested a MAROCCINI, but I have not been able to verify this. Any help would be appreciated.

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Post subject: Re: Help with Identity
PostPosted: Thu Feb 18, 2021 10:42 am 
Crown Grade

Welcome to SGW, Dave ! ! {hs#

You don't have an O/U shotgun, you have what's commonly referred to as a "combination gun".

European/Italian made firearms should have a bunch of proof marks stamped in hidden areas, like the barrel sides/undersides, the frame/receiver, etc - that are only visible after the barrels are dismounted from the receiver.

The various marks indicate things like the chambering(s), the loads, the date of manufacture, and usually a maker's mark - to name just a little of the info.

If you will post some clear/close pics (w/o glare) of the proof marks, there's several experts here who may be able to assist you inquiry.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 24, 2021 6:09 pm 
Utility Grade

I think we have identified this a Maroccini from Italy. Still dont know much other than that. Any help would be appreciated.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 24, 2021 7:45 pm 
Crown Grade

https://www.marocchiguns.com/made-in-italy/

PostPosted: Thu Feb 25, 2021 9:41 am 
Field Grade

I suspect Crisco Kid got this right and that it is a Marocchi rather than a Marocini. The Marocchi guns are respected in the gun industry, though they’ve never nailed down a good distribution network. A good friend shoots one in sporting tournaments and has had great luck dealing with the company in the past. You might send a note to their info line and see if they can give you some clarity.