ShotGunWorld Shotguns

It is currently Sat Apr 17, 2021 12:37 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Grulla American Arms I’d and Value
PostPosted: Thu Apr 01, 2021 9:24 am 
Utility Grade

So recently, I purchased this shotgun thru a online auction. I haven’t received the gun yet, but I’m beyond excited to find out more about it. It is a gun that is stamped on the barrels American Arms and on the opposite barrel is stamped Churchill, it’s a 20Ga side lock gun. On the water table and barrel flats there are multiple proof marks as well as the Grulla bird stamp and what i believe makes it manufactured in 1989. Does anyone have any idea of a model of this gun and maybe a value?Thanks a ton.

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Post subject: Re: Grulla American Arms I’d and Value
PostPosted: Thu Apr 01, 2021 9:29 am 
Utility Grade

More pictures.

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 01, 2021 7:13 pm 
Tournament Grade

Pretty sidelock.

The I 2 date code is 1989. That matches Terry Wieland's chart for Grulla serial numbers as 1990 ended at 31,276
Certainly looks like Eibar Spain Proofs for a 3 inch chamber 20 gauge with Grulla's logo. Chopper lump barrels, gas escape valve bushed firing pins (strikers). Purdey style rose and scroll engraving like a Grulla 216.

But a single trigger model which is no doubt a custom order and not typical of the double trigger with articulated front trigger.

I believe American Arms imported a Grulla made SLEs.
https://www.shotgunworld.com/bbs/viewtopic.php?t=173093

I suspect the Churchill reference on the barrels is actually a model designation of a Churchill type gun of 25 inch barrel length with a narrow but tall tapered center rib a la Robert Churchill's London made side by sides known as the Churchill XXV. You do not mention the barrel length in your post so maybe i am wrong on that.

My guess is it is a 5 pin sidelock design like the Grulla 216 and not a 7 pin Holland and Holland design as in the Grulla Royal range.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 01, 2021 7:24 pm 
Utility Grade

Man, that’s more then I could ever imagine knowing about this gun. I actually haven’t even had the gun in my hands yet, I bought it at a auction that a friend told me about and am waiting to receive it. Once I get it in my hands I will measure the barrels and let you know for sure. I’m just so excited that I got it and the price that I got it for. I bought it on a whim, I have a few uggies and multiple others but this one was a little unknown to me.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 01, 2021 7:31 pm 
Tournament Grade

Here is a very comparable Grulla No. 2 in 20 gauge with a serial number of 31,155 so very close in age with hand detachable locks and double triggers being listed for $4100 if that helps.
https://laptrinhx.com/news/a-great-look ... e-L8KvLjw/

PostPosted: Thu Apr 01, 2021 7:35 pm 
Tournament Grade

Bryan Bilinski at Fieldsport in Traverse City Michigan is a Grulla dealer and might be able to identify your gun better and more definitively.
http://www.fieldsportltd.com/gunroom/li ... makerId=16

PostPosted: Thu Apr 01, 2021 7:57 pm 
Utility Grade

simslax wrote:
Here is a very comparable Grulla No. 2 in 20 gauge with a serial number of 31,155 so very close in age with hand detachable locks and double triggers being listed for $4100 if that helps.
https://laptrinhx.com/news/a-great-look ... e-L8KvLjw/

I’ve looked at the No.2 and am trying to decide if that’s what it is. The single trigger is what’s throwing me.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 01, 2021 8:00 pm 
Utility Grade

simslax wrote:
Bryan Bilinski at Fieldsport in Traverse City Michigan is a Grulla dealer and might be able to identify your gun better and more definitively.
http://www.fieldsportltd.com/gunroom/li ... makerId=16

Thanks for that, I will have to reach out to him.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 02, 2021 11:13 am 
Tournament Grade

Quote:
I’ve looked at the No.2 and am trying to decide if that’s what it is. The single trigger is what’s throwing me.

It seems that the Number 2s had a banner on the side of the action with the name No 2 engraved on it, which is not present on your pictures of your gun. I think the single trigger could have been ordered.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 03, 2021 10:41 am 
Utility Grade

I thought the same thing that it was signed No.2 on the sides and this one is not. Reason I don’t believe it is a No.2

PostPosted: Sat Apr 03, 2021 1:11 pm 
Diamond Grade

I would suggest you compare the features and engraving for pattern and quality, and not focus on whether a model ID appears on the gun.
Marked conspicuously as an American Arms imported gun, it will not have the same value in the marketplace as a Grulla marked gun, with inconspicuous import markings.
You get the benefit of a bargain gun, having the features of a more expensive gun.