ShotGunWorld Shotguns

It is currently Sun Jan 24, 2021 11:40 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 99 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
 Post subject: Re: Value of Stevens Model 94C
PostPosted: Thu Jan 24, 2013 2:04 pm 
Utility Grade

I, too, have a Stevens 94c (no dash), 12ga. When shooting a 2.25" shell it doesn't eject. I have to pull it out. Would a 2.75" shell help it eject?

PostPosted: Thu Jan 24, 2013 6:39 pm 
Presentation Grade

Where are you finding 2 1/4" shells?
Check the ejector.
Open the gun, empty, and see if the little foot at the bottom of the chamber doesn't pop out.
If not, its sticking, or there may be a broken part.

Dean

PostPosted: Sat Feb 09, 2013 9:06 pm 
Utility Grade

My model 94c was bought in 1950 for my brother Don (deceased)for christmas.there are several variations of them.for instance the fore arm hinge was metal on older guns and plastic on newer models.unfortunatly not a lot of changes were documented.check the gun parts companys pages for more info.ie:what fits certain years may help id your gun.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 09, 2013 11:58 pm 
Presentation Grade

Yep, my brother's gun has a metal cap at the base of the forearm.

Dean

PostPosted: Tue Mar 19, 2013 12:52 pm 
Utility Grade

Hi guys. New here. First time posting but, wow! You guys have some serious knowledge!

Question: Without having laid eyes on it I purchased a Stevens 94T .410. My brother knew I was trying to buy his H&R .410 off of him but when an acquaintance of his had the Stevens 94T my brother called and said I can get it for $60. So I did.

What I am being told is that it is in good shape and the former owner had it for 20 years but I do not know if he bought it new or not. It takes 3" shells. Modified choke.

I have read this entire thread and saw "T" and "BT" mentioned but not explained.

So what makes this a 94T?

Thank you. {hs#

PostPosted: Tue Mar 19, 2013 8:47 pm 
Presentation Grade

If I can ever find the answer to that question, I will be sure to post it here.
There's a number of 94 variations, which I listed out in an earlier post, but I have never found out what differentiates them.
Sorry, but if I had to guess, I'd say "T" might alude to useage for Trap shooting.

Dean

PostPosted: Fri Mar 22, 2013 5:58 pm 
Presentation Grade

Perhaps the variation has been mentioned earlier in the thread, but I didn't see it. My FIL has a 94m in .410 bore. It's in like 99 percent condition. No idea when he got it, and unfortunately he's lost his ability to recall much of anything.

W

PostPosted: Fri Mar 22, 2013 10:10 pm 
Presentation Grade

wjonessc wrote:
Perhaps the variation has been mentioned earlier in the thread, but I didn't see it. My FIL has a 94m in .410 bore. It's in like 99 percent condition. No idea when he got it, and unfortunately he's lost his ability to recall much of anything.

W

Page 2, but no need to go back there.
I know of a 94, A, B, C, T, BT and for some reason "U" sounds familiar, too.
I've never heard of "M".
You're saying the receiver of that gun has "94M" written on it?

PostPosted: Sat May 04, 2013 5:20 pm 
Tournament Grade

DeanMk wrote:
wjonessc wrote:

W

I've never heard of "M".

I bought a Stevens 94m today, 16GA 32" barrel it has (Stevens Model 94 series M) on the receiver.

PostPosted: Sat May 04, 2013 10:56 pm 
Presentation Grade

DeanMk wrote:
If I can ever find the answer to that question, I will be sure to post it here.
There's a number of 94 variations, which I listed out in an earlier post, but I have never found out what differentiates them.
Sorry, but if I had to guess, I'd say "T" might alude to useage for Trap shooting.

Dean

IIRC, the Savage/Stevens/Springfield model 94 had different series such as a model 94 series P and model 94 series M, with the differences between them being mostly cosmetic while some changes were made to parts. One series may have a metal trigger guard and another series may have a plastic one. There were also changes in the receivers of the different series model 94's. Some had longer & wider tangs while others had shorter & thinner tangs, as well as a change where the wood stock meets the receiver (one series was straight and flush while the other series had a half moon or circle where the wood meets the receiver), and also the width of the ejectors in the barrels.

PostPosted: Sun May 05, 2013 7:16 am 
Presentation Grade

Gamekeeper wrote:
DeanMk wrote:
wjonessc wrote:

W

I've never heard of "M".

I bought a Stevens 94m today, 16GA 32" barrel it has (Stevens Model 94 series M) on the receiver.

Gamekeeper,

Good find!

PostPosted: Mon May 06, 2013 3:43 am 
Tournament Grade

At only $62.00 it sure was! :D

PostPosted: Mon May 27, 2013 6:48 pm 
Presentation Grade

Picked up a Stevens 94E .410 at a gun show last year. It's about 95% but I was checking parts (in case ever needed) at Numrich but did not see the Stevens (Savage) 94E listed. Any ideas if it is interchangeable with other models?

PostPosted: Fri Mar 28, 2014 3:30 pm 
Utility Grade

DeanMk wrote:
Not 100% positive, but my guess would be proof marks and possibly some kind of "sorting" information for machinists and assemblers, while the gun was being made.
If you look at the innards of any gun, you're likely to find similar strange symbols.
Is that gun a 10 ga. or a 12 ga. and does your dad still have it, or has he handed it off to you?
Sounds like a nice old gun, either way.

Dean

Can't believe I found this post I made 3 years ago (April 3, 2011). But wanted to respond to DeanMk: My Stevens 94C is a 12 gauge, 36" barrel. I finally just ordered a forend and butt plate for it and... after 48 years, will hopefully fire it. As mentioned in my original post, I had gone with my Dad to get the gun from a relative in 1966. The gun was missing the Forend so we've never fired it. Just asked my Dad today how it got lost. He said the elderly relative had been duck hunting on the Big Black River near Port Gibson, MS near his home. He was walking back home from the hunt, using the gun as a walking stick and when he got home the forend was missing. The relative went back and tried to find it but couldn't. I can't explain why we waited all these years to fix the gun. I guess it was simply interesting enough with that long barrel. Can't wait to fire it! Hopefully within 10 days I can report back.

My Dad also just gave me several pieces of guns and when I got home, realized they belonged to the same gun. Put them together and I now have a Riverside 12 gauge single-barrel. I guess this gun probably came from the same relative. I don't believe it would be safe to fire but I may still try to repair it. Very little information about Riverside but apparently it was Steven's off-brand gun. If anyone knows more about Riverside I would be interested in hearing it.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 28, 2014 7:47 pm 
Presentation Grade

Wmslayton,

Thanks for getting back to me.
Pretty cool you got a second gun out of it, too.
I have an old '08 H&R that I need to get a forearm and buttplate for, too.
It was my grandfather's and (according to Shooting Times magazine) was built about 100 years ago.
Action's tight and I'd like to shoot it one of these days.
I plan on having it checked by a gunsmith first though.
I suggest you do the same with that Riverside 12 ga. before you shoot it.

DeanMk

PostPosted: Wed May 18, 2016 12:42 pm 
Utility Grade

Hey new here. I actually made an account just to add to the confusion and revive an old post. I recently came across a Stevens 94F 20g 3" chamber 28" barrel. It didn't have a forend stock which is what got me to looking up info on it, which I have found none. The butt stock has a nice checkering to it. Anyone else come across this variant or know what forend stock might fit it.

PostPosted: Wed May 18, 2016 4:42 pm 
*Proud to be a*
*Proud to be a*

I ran across a Stevens 94 in 20 gauge this afternoon at a local pawn shop. It looked like it had never been shot, great looking gun. The shop had a hang tag on it for $99. I got him down to $75 and have a new addition. He also had a 20 gauge Topper youth model for $95, in at least 90% condition. I offered him $150 for the pair. They followed me home.

I recently sold all my guns except a few favorites. It appears that I will be starting all over again. I just can't pass up a good buy. I will probably never shoot these guns but my sons will have something to fuss over when I pass on to my reward.

PostPosted: Wed May 18, 2016 6:05 pm 
Crown Grade

For the life of me, other than for a youngster, I cannot figure out why anyone would WANT a single shot shotgun.

PostPosted: Fri May 20, 2016 5:27 pm 
*Proud to be a*
*Proud to be a*

Vette, I am still a youngster. Only 78 years old. I can't pass up a bargain at any age. 8)

PostPosted: Fri May 20, 2016 7:58 pm 
Crown Grade

evbutler wrote:
Vette, I am still a youngster. Only 78 years old. I can't pass up a bargain at any age. 8)

Ev, that sucker wouldn't have been a bargain if they gave it to you.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 99 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next