ShotGunWorld Shotguns

It is currently Mon Aug 10, 2020 2:55 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Re: any thoughts on Cynergy wicked wing
PostPosted: Sat Jul 25, 2020 1:20 pm 
Presentation Grade

It may not seem like much but it’s enough for me to notice a difference in floating the bird. That’s just my personal experience. I didn’t like it at all.

2019 Henry H001L
2018 Henry US survival rifle
2017 Browning 725 sporting
2015 Excalibur Micro 335

PostPosted: Sat Jul 25, 2020 2:41 pm 
Shotgun Expert
Shotgun Expert

That's why they call them choices. As to the Cynergy itself, you've already had at least two synthetic Cynergy models so you know what to expect as much as anyone.

http://randywakeman.com/

PostPosted: Sat Jul 25, 2020 9:20 pm 
*Proud to be a*
*Proud to be a*

I agree with Randy about the barrel regulation and POI/POA of most O/U shotguns. This 60/40 vs 50/50 stuff is mental gymnastics of the highest order. (I was going to call it something else, but being as this is a family forum, I decided not to).

Anyway, you're just fooling yourself if you believe that the typical O/U that you buy from Browning, Beretta, or even a lot of the more expensive brands are going to shoot exactly as stated in the sales literature. As he said, the barrels can be off regulation by several inches at 40 yards and still be "within specs" by the manufacturer.

Additionally, do you realize just how LITTLE difference it takes in cheek pressure on the comb to make a gun shoot 6" OR MORE higher/lower at 40 yards? It's WAY less than you may think. You're not shooting a scoped varmint rifle with the O/U shotguns.

If you want to buy another shotgun, then go ahead and buy it. Just don't expect realistic/knowledgeable people to buy the excuse that a so-called 60/40 vs 50/50 POI is going to make a dime's difference in actual use.

Semi-Auto Classifieds is ONLY for Complete Semi-Auto shotguns.
Over/Under Classifieds is ONLY for Complete O/U shotguns.
Items other than a complete shotgun go in OTHER Classifieds.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 26, 2020 1:44 am 
Presentation Grade

Ulysses wrote:
I agree with Randy about the barrel regulation and POI/POA of most O/U shotguns. This 60/40 vs 50/50 stuff is mental gymnastics of the highest order. (I was going to call it something else, but being as this is a family forum, I decided not to).

Anyway, you're just fooling yourself if you believe that the typical O/U that you buy from Browning, Beretta, or even a lot of the more expensive brands are going to shoot exactly as stated in the sales literature. As he said, the barrels can be off regulation by several inches at 40 yards and still be "within specs" by the manufacturer.

Additionally, do you realize just how LITTLE difference it takes in cheek pressure on the comb to make a gun shoot 6" OR MORE higher/lower at 40 yards? It's WAY less than you may think. You're not shooting a scoped varmint rifle with the O/U shotguns.

If you want to buy another shotgun, then go ahead and buy it. Just don't expect realistic/knowledgeable people to buy the excuse that a so-called 60/40 vs 50/50 POI is going to make a dime's difference in actual use.

While I respect your opinion and points I can say it was quite noticeable for me especially on falling birds at sporting clays and 5 stand. My first cynergy was better than the CX in regards to POI

2019 Henry H001L
2015 Excalibur Micro 335

PostPosted: Sun Jul 26, 2020 8:35 am 
Shotgun Expert
Shotgun Expert

kuffs06 wrote:
While I respect your opinion and points I can say it was quite noticeable for me especially on falling birds at sporting clays and 5 stand. My first cynergy was better than the CX in regards to POI

Ten years ago, I did my version of the "2010 Shotgun and Wingshooting Awards." Three shotguns won: Benelli M2 Twenty Gauge ComforTech, Browning Cynergy, Savage 220F Twenty Gauge. My thoughts about those three models have not changed at all, and I still own and use examples of all three.

If you want a Cynergy, buy a Cynergy . . . again. A Cerakote finish isn't nearly a good enough reason alone to buy a shotgun in my view, as Cerakote can be applied to essentially any firearm. That doesn't pass the sniff test, any more than anyone would buy a new truck or SUV on the basis of a paint job alone. Yet, when you consider how many hours a truck or SUV is exposed to the elements, it makes shotgun usage look like a joke.

Few like to pattern shotguns, fewer actually do. You can believe that if all shotguns were the same, but just put into boxes marked "50 / 50" or "60 / 40" no one would be able to tell the difference.

http://randywakeman.com/

PostPosted: Sun Jul 26, 2020 11:35 am 
*Proud to be a*
*Proud to be a*

kuffs06 wrote:
Ulysses wrote:

It sounds like what you are describing is a gun fit difference. Even if you're shooting from a bench rest, patterns can wander around by several inches at 40 yards through the same barrel with the same box of ammo! :shock: As Randy correctly pointed out, the difference in POI at 40 yards of a 60/40 vs 50/50 is about 3", and that's only if the shooter can precisely place each shot with near perfect (bench rest) accuracy. Shooting offhand at a moving target introduces a far larger variable than that slight 3" difference.

I don't doubt for a moment that you might be able to shoot one gun better at falling targets than another gun. However, I DO doubt that the POA/POI had anything to do with it. Even if a gun places its pattern center 3" away from where the shooter intended, it's still a dead target if the shooter does his part. That's why we use shotguns with wide patterns rather than rifles at moving targets.

Semi-Auto Classifieds is ONLY for Complete Semi-Auto shotguns.
Over/Under Classifieds is ONLY for Complete O/U shotguns.
Items other than a complete shotgun go in OTHER Classifieds.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 28, 2020 10:30 am 
Limited Edition

Try be for you buy . to me a cynergy wick wing is not going to make a great clays gun . experience from the 30" model I handled . it is way to muzzle heavy and you had to work to keep it on point .

Citori 725 Sporting
Citori 725 field 20ga
1100 Rem 20 ga Std Wgt
BPS Stalker

PostPosted: Tue Jul 28, 2020 11:41 am 
Presentation Grade

Twobarrels wrote:
Try be for you buy . to me a cynergy wick wing is not going to make a great clays gun . experience from the 30" model I handled . it is way to muzzle heavy and you had to work to keep it on point .

Did you not find that it was roughly the same as compared to your 725 with 32 inch barrels? It turns out I do have a friend that has one with a 28 inch barrel and I’m waiting to try that but due to Covid… There are still no guests allowed at my Gun club

2019 Henry H001L
2015 Excalibur Micro 335

PostPosted: Wed Jul 29, 2020 10:47 am 
Limited Edition

kuffs06 wrote:
Twobarrels wrote:

Did you not find that it was roughly the same as compared to your 725 with 32 inch barrels? It turns out I do have a friend that has one with a 28 inch barrel and I’m waiting to try that but due to Covid… There are still no guests allowed at my Gun club

My 725 has 30" barrels the difference is very noticeable .

Citori 725 Sporting
Citori 725 field 20ga
1100 Rem 20 ga Std Wgt
BPS Stalker

PostPosted: Sat Aug 01, 2020 9:36 am 
Presentation Grade

A couple of things about the Cynergy:
A) They are reliable.
B) It seems that Cynergys pioneered the low profile receiver and internals of the 725
C) You’ve found a Cynergy model that meets your criteria of a non rubbery all weather finish and shoots 50/50.
D) You’ve had Cynergys before and know what to expect

Will a Cynergy mount differently than a 725? Probably. But since you’re looking at a Camo finished composite stocked one, you can alter the Cynergy stock to make the it’s fit approximate the 725 if that becomes important.

Full disclosure: I have a 10 year old 20ga Cynergy Satin Field that I really like.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 01, 2020 12:14 pm 
Presentation Grade

Good points spad124. Thank you for your input. I’m feeling along the same lines as the point you made.
I would just like to try one at my club… I have a friend who has one with 28 inch barrels and around here, it’s hard to find them with 30 inch barrels

2019 Henry H001L
2015 Excalibur Micro 335