ShotGunWorld Shotguns

It is currently Mon Apr 12, 2021 6:44 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Cynergy CX not firing second barrel after live first shot
PostPosted: Wed Apr 07, 2021 8:31 pm 
Utility Grade

I think I have read some issues with a Cynergys"shooting open" if the Over barrel is fired first....making the Under barrel trigger pull....feel as if the sear was no longer engaged. Unfortunately, I am asking this question because I had an issue this weekend that seemed odd. I switched my selector from U to O and shot a longer bird of an incoming pair (IC in the O barrel and SK in the U barrel). After I missed the first bird horribly and began salivating to shoot the close one....the gun didn't fire. As a matter of fact, the trigger was as if the pin had already dropped...but the primer was untouched. I tried an additional pair...and same results, except I hit the first bird. Removed both shells from the gun...empty hull and loaded round and both barrels dry fired fine. Switched the selector to U and both barrlels functioned perfectly. I am new to Browning and this is a used gun, but it seems to be in good shape. I have shot a round of .410 with it....with companion tubes...and it worked flawlessly...but I shot U/O exclusively. Does anyone have any suggestions? I desperately do not want to send it back to Browning...as I attempted to have them replace the Duratouch inserts in the composite stock because they were sticky...and they called me and said they weren't sticky to them. So I now have a sticky gun that won't fire the second barrel...and I don't trust the company to fix the issue....and if they do, it will be after the sporting clays summer is over....and this is the gun that my 11 and 14 year old shoot 28 gauge and 410 with (one set of sidekicks and one set of companion tubes). So, any help with a recommendation of a decent gunsmith who doesn't mind working on these would be appreciated. If this issue has been addressed before, I couldn't find it quickly and would be happy to read that solution so that noone would have to go back through it all... And I have removed the stock and cleaned the trigger mechanism to the point that there is absolutely no specks of dirt/powder/dust anywhere.... Thanks. Tad

Post subject: Re: Cynergy CX not firing second barrel after live first sho
PostPosted: Thu Apr 08, 2021 8:17 am 
Tournament Grade

PM sent to you.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 08, 2021 1:21 pm 
Utility Grade

Didnt get a PM......☹️

PostPosted: Thu Apr 08, 2021 5:50 pm 
Tournament Grade

PM sent again.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 10, 2021 6:57 pm 
Tournament Grade

Sorry to hear about your trouble. My CX and my friend's CX dont have any problems.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 11, 2021 8:22 pm 
Utility Grade

UPDATE....
After talking to another SW member who had similar problems, I took the sticky, 1 shot Cynergy back out today to try to replicate the problem...and take notice to the top lever position against the serial number (under the top lever). The gun did not disappoint. First pair fired as U/O, everything worked fine. Second pair with O/U.....was U only....with “floppy”, fired feeling, trigger on U barrel.....but I noticed the top lever had shifted way to the right. I opened the action, closed the action, selected “U”, and it fired. So it would seem that something is causing the gun to “open” after firing the Top (Over) barrel. Someone mentioned possibly a weak top lever spring.....Seems it wouldnt be my luck to have such an easy fix....

Or, I could have my boys shoot it only with companion tubes in sub gauges....and maybe the recoil wont be enough to open it on the “O” barrel. Thoughts???