ShotGunWorld Shotguns

It is currently Fri Feb 21, 2020 12:41 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 301 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 12, 13, 14, 15, 16
 Post subject: Re: Ejectors into Extractors-Citori, Cynergy & BT-99(w/pics)
PostPosted: Sat Nov 30, 2019 9:14 pm 
Utility Grade

Hi there, guys. Long time reader first time poster. I recently purchased a used 2018 725 Sporting 30" and decided to do this conversion today. I took a few photos because I read that many people were having trouble getting the forearm bracket and takedown lever out. I'm a lady shooter too, so if I can do it, you can as well. I used one Phillips head screwdriver and the shotgun mainspring tool from Brownells.

Take the three screws from the forearm.

I placed the fore end elevated on two rags. Then I took a wooden chopstick and tapped through the two empty screw holes in the forearm iron to remove the takedown lever.

Then turn the fore end over, with the empty slot where the takedown lever used to be facing you. You can see a small area where the iron is still attached through the takedown lever slot. Tap with a chopstick or wooden dowel in the two spots specified, and the iron will pop off.

Here's an image of one of the springs off and ready to replaced.

I ordered the Wolff Extra Extra Power springs, so they would pop out far enough I could grab the hulls with gloves. The SKU for these are as follows:
26172 COLT 1911/CMMDR XXP FIRING PIN SPRING Pak of 3 7.49
To search for these on the Wolff site, go to Semi-Auto Pistols > Colt > Firing Pin Springs

Yes, the fore end iron is a little difficult to get back on, but if you place a screwdriver upside down and give it a few quick taps it will re-seat. Hope this is helpful, especially for my sister shooters to know they can easily do this conversion as well!

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 301 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 12, 13, 14, 15, 16