ShotGunWorld Shotguns

It is currently Fri May 07, 2021 10:29 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 336 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 13, 14, 15, 16, 17
Author Message
 Post subject: Re: Ejectors into Extractors-Citori, Cynergy & BT-99(w/pics)
PostPosted: Wed Nov 25, 2020 4:32 pm 
Tournament Grade
User avatar

Joined: Sun Mar 08, 2020 7:40 am
Posts: 248
Location: Houston, TX and Fairfield Glade, TN
Thanks for adding to the base of parts and knowledge on this project.

The guys that I were shooting with last week seemed to take pride in rocketing their shells all over. Of course, on that range, they don't have to pick up their own hulls.




Last edited by richg99 on Wed Nov 25, 2020 9:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Ejectors into Extractors-Citori, Cynergy & BT-99(w/pics)
PostPosted: Wed Nov 25, 2020 4:36 pm 
Presentation Grade
User avatar

Joined: Sat Aug 01, 2020 11:50 pm
Posts: 595
Location: The wilds of rural central California
Anyone ever tried this with a Browning BSS? The springs on the schematic look like it could be done easily just maybe not 1911 firing pin springs.
I need to look at that.

tp

_________________
RM, NRA/USCCA RSO, NSSF, and a bunch of other acronyms.
12/30" Browning Citori CX White
12/28" 1978 Browning BSS
12/26" Franchi Affinity 3
12/26" ATI Cavalry (finally got firing pin after seven months)


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Ejectors into Extractors-Citori, Cynergy & BT-99(w/pics)
PostPosted: Wed Nov 25, 2020 9:58 pm 
Tournament Grade
User avatar

Joined: Sun Mar 08, 2020 7:40 am
Posts: 248
Location: Houston, TX and Fairfield Glade, TN
I don't know much, and I only have experimented on my CX.

However, if ANY gun had a similar spring arrangement, it would seem to this old codger that shortening or replacing those driver springs with less powerful pieces would simply lessen the "pop" and allow for extraction rather than ejection.

I hope that some of our most knowledgeable posters will jump in.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Ejectors into Extractors-Citori, Cynergy & BT-99(w/pics)
PostPosted: Thu Nov 26, 2020 12:32 am 
Presentation Grade
User avatar

Joined: Sat Aug 01, 2020 11:50 pm
Posts: 595
Location: The wilds of rural central California
richg99 wrote:
I don't know much, and I only have experimented on my CX.

However, if ANY gun had a similar spring arrangement, it would seem to this old codger that shortening or replacing those driver springs with less powerful pieces would simply lessen the "pop" and allow for extraction rather than ejection.

I hope that some of our most knowledgeable posters will jump in.

Exactly. Once I get back to the home 40 next week one of the first things is to get into the SxS and take a look. I have a large assortment of small springs and may just find a pair that will work.

tp (with a mission)

_________________
RM, NRA/USCCA RSO, NSSF, and a bunch of other acronyms.
12/30" Browning Citori CX White
12/28" 1978 Browning BSS
12/26" Franchi Affinity 3
12/26" ATI Cavalry (finally got firing pin after seven months)


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Ejectors into Extractors-Citori, Cynergy & BT-99(w/pics)
PostPosted: Wed Dec 16, 2020 3:06 pm 
Utility Grade

Joined: Wed Dec 16, 2020 2:45 pm
Posts: 6
Thank you Rastoff for taking the time to put this together !!

New to me 1983 Citori Trap, came from an 870 so I was glad to not have to pick up hulls off the ground anymore but being left handed tired quickly of popping it into my stomach.

The original Brownells link doesn't work anymore and I get scared ordering off the internet only to find it's similar but wrong or I can't perform the work. The ACE hardware link for C-580 spring referenced earlier they don't carry anymore, on trapshooters someone mentioned the actual size 1/4x1.25x.032 which they didn't have in their rack,
I ended up with a 15/64x2.25(aprox.)x?? it was stock number #150 and $1.08 ea

The only issue I had was not paying attention to what screws came from what hole, the tops all looked the same so I wasn't paying any attention as I was so happy they were actually unscrewing and not stripping the slot heads, I've attached a picture showing their order against the iron,

It took me about 15 minutes and the second one I did on the picnic table at the range after I tested to see if the first would extract properly

/// editing in a minute to add pictures //
/// edited to add //
pictures were to big and I don't have time to mess with converting them from my phone, if somebody really needs to see the screws let me know and I'll get it done,

.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Ejectors into Extractors-Citori, Cynergy & BT-99(w/pics)
PostPosted: Thu Dec 31, 2020 7:02 pm 
Field Grade

Joined: Tue Jun 30, 2020 2:16 pm
Posts: 41
Just did this conversion. Worked really great. There are two lengths of screw so make sure you know which goes where. The shorter will fit in either hole, but the longer needs a specific hole and I confess I do not remember now which was which. Anyway if a screw does not go tight for you dont force it just flip them around and they will work.
Thanks!!!


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Ejectors into Extractors-Citori, Cynergy & BT-99(w/pics)
PostPosted: Thu Dec 31, 2020 7:21 pm 
Presentation Grade
User avatar

Joined: Sat Aug 01, 2020 11:50 pm
Posts: 595
Location: The wilds of rural central California
T-Pee wrote:
richg99 wrote:
I don't know much, and I only have experimented on my CX.

However, if ANY gun had a similar spring arrangement, it would seem to this old codger that shortening or replacing those driver springs with less powerful pieces would simply lessen the "pop" and allow for extraction rather than ejection.

I hope that some of our most knowledgeable posters will jump in.

Exactly. Once I get back to the home 40 next week one of the first things is to get into the SxS and take a look. I have a large assortment of small springs and may just find a pair that will work.

tp (with a mission)

Well, I opened her up and took a look. The ejector hammer springs on a BSS are a completely different animal than the Browning O/Us. They are small and very strong so I decided to just hold a hand over the hulls when breaking the gun open rather than try to deal with the ejectors on this gun for the time being.

tp

_________________
RM, NRA/USCCA RSO, NSSF, and a bunch of other acronyms.
12/30" Browning Citori CX White
12/28" 1978 Browning BSS
12/26" Franchi Affinity 3
12/26" ATI Cavalry (finally got firing pin after seven months)


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Ejectors into Extractors-Citori, Cynergy & BT-99(w/pics)
PostPosted: Fri Jan 15, 2021 11:52 am 
Tournament Grade
User avatar

Joined: Sat Jan 29, 2005 12:13 pm
Posts: 262
Location: Colorado Western Slope
As a person who likes immediate gratification, I took a slightly different approach. I "borrowed" the spring out of one of my 1911's, put it into my pocket and drove to a local hardware store and was able to match that spring out of their parts bins. I bought four of them at something like $.50 each and modified two of my guns that very afternoon. The mod worked perfectly.

_________________
"Everyone's entitled to my opinion."


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Ejectors into Extractors-Citori, Cynergy & BT-99(w/pics)
PostPosted: Fri Jan 15, 2021 12:09 pm 
Tournament Grade
User avatar

Joined: Sun Mar 08, 2020 7:40 am
Posts: 248
Location: Houston, TX and Fairfield Glade, TN
jmac love it!


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Ejectors into Extractors-Citori, Cynergy & BT-99(w/pics)
PostPosted: Sat Jan 16, 2021 12:44 pm 
Presentation Grade
User avatar

Joined: Sat Aug 01, 2020 11:50 pm
Posts: 595
Location: The wilds of rural central California
jmacgreg wrote:
As a person who likes immediate gratification, I took a slightly different approach. I "borrowed" the spring out of one of my 1911's, put it into my pocket and drove to a local hardware store and was able to match that spring out of their parts bins. I bought four of them at something like $.50 each and modified two of my guns that very afternoon. The mod worked perfectly.

{hs#

tp

_________________
RM, NRA/USCCA RSO, NSSF, and a bunch of other acronyms.
12/30" Browning Citori CX White
12/28" 1978 Browning BSS
12/26" Franchi Affinity 3
12/26" ATI Cavalry (finally got firing pin after seven months)


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Ejectors into Extractors-Citori, Cynergy & BT-99(w/pics)
PostPosted: Wed Apr 28, 2021 11:39 am 
Field Grade

Joined: Fri Sep 25, 2020 2:49 pm
Posts: 37
I looked on Brownell's & Midway for the 1911 springs. They appear to only sell "enhanced" springs which I presume to be stiffer. Is that going to negate the benefit of doing the mod?


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Ejectors into Extractors-Citori, Cynergy & BT-99(w/pics)
PostPosted: Wed Apr 28, 2021 4:25 pm 
Limited Edition
User avatar

Joined: Tue Apr 17, 2018 2:24 pm
Posts: 446
Location: South Central Pennsylvania
In the Brownell site, look at Wilson Combat XP firing pin return spring, Mfr. part #26; I think those are what I used. They are not the stiffest, but still pretty stout...I cut a number of coils off to get them to fit the way I wanted.

_________________
Citori 725 Skeet 12/28"
CZ Drake .410/28"


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Ejectors into Extractors-Citori, Cynergy & BT-99(w/pics)
PostPosted: Wed Apr 28, 2021 4:32 pm 
Field Grade

Joined: Fri Sep 25, 2020 2:49 pm
Posts: 37
28ga. wrote:
In the Brownell site, look at Wilson Combat XP firing pin return spring, Mfr. part #26; I think those are what I used. They are not the stiffest, but still pretty stout...I cut a number of coils off to get them to fit the way I wanted.


Thanks.

Any idea how many coils you cut off to make it work? Cutoff wheel or wire cutters?

Was cutting the springs a matter of preference or did you need to do it to make the mod work correctly?


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Ejectors into Extractors-Citori, Cynergy & BT-99(w/pics)
PostPosted: Wed Apr 28, 2021 4:54 pm 
Limited Edition
User avatar

Joined: Tue Apr 17, 2018 2:24 pm
Posts: 446
Location: South Central Pennsylvania
I should have added 1911 in the description: Wilson Combat XP 1911 firing pin return spring. They are what I used.
I cut off 6 coils with wire cutters because they were a very tight fit and looked too bunched up. To me they are a good fit; they have never given me any trouble, and the empties are raised enough to pick them out.
If you haven't, go through the post and get the highlights; Rastoff did a great job on this and others added some detail of their experiences.
If I buy another 725, this will be the first thing I change.
Welcome to SGW!

_________________
Citori 725 Skeet 12/28"
CZ Drake .410/28"


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Ejectors into Extractors-Citori, Cynergy & BT-99(w/pics)
PostPosted: Wed Apr 28, 2021 5:31 pm 
Field Grade

Joined: Fri Sep 25, 2020 2:49 pm
Posts: 37
28ga. wrote:
I should have added 1911 in the description: Wilson Combat XP 1911 firing pin return spring. They are what I used.
I cut off 6 coils with wire cutters because they were a very tight fit and looked too bunched up. To me they are a good fit; they have never given me any trouble, and the empties are raised enough to pick them out.
If you haven't, go through the post and get the highlights; Rastoff did a great job on this and others added some detail of their experiences.
If I buy another 725, this will be the first thing I change.
Welcome to SGW!


I just bought a 725 and it IS the first thing I will do. I hate ejectors. I am way too old
to be scrounging around in the leaves for empties. Or at least I feel that old.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Ejectors into Extractors-Citori, Cynergy & BT-99(w/pics)
PostPosted: Wed Apr 28, 2021 6:14 pm 
Limited Edition
User avatar

Joined: Tue Apr 17, 2018 2:24 pm
Posts: 446
Location: South Central Pennsylvania
{hs#



_________________
Citori 725 Skeet 12/28"
CZ Drake .410/28"


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 336 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 13, 14, 15, 16, 17

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]


Who is online

Registered users: 40Shotguns, 49straight, albanygun, Bing [Bot], Bladeswitcher, Blockcaver, Bronco78, cole1, cowpoke, DavidRamey, DblXX, Dek, DUKFVR, Dward, fiver, Flyingtargets!, gdub41, Gherkin05, Goad, Google [Bot], Google Adsense [Bot], gunut 1, Hollywood22, Jager1, JASmith, JoM, JPFROG, jwf1948, Konyo312, kwb377, kycommander, Mike McAlpine, Mohegan, Novak77, noweil, perazzimx8l, quikcarl61, RGuill96971, RudyN, Schnurb, shawbran, Skeet_Man, SuperXOne, TMWilsoniv, treeduck71, twentyfivestraight, VF154, ysr_racer


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group    - DMCA Notice