ShotGunWorld Shotguns

It is currently Tue Jul 07, 2020 2:35 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Re: New Browning A5 "Click"?
PostPosted: Fri Sep 20, 2013 3:32 pm 
Tournament Grade

People have complained for years about the proverbial "benelli click". Probably a good 95% or more of these can be attributed to either easing the bolt into battery, fiddling with the bolt handle while walking or sitting in a duck blind or a dirty/gummed up recoil spring assembly (I've seen it happen more times than I can count).

If the bolt is messed with or not permitted to go into battery as designed, that is with the full force of the recoil spring, ANY autoloder can be made to not go into battery (shotgun, rifle or pistol)...this is not simply a Benelli issue. I totally agree with Randy's point the A5 typically goes into battery with more force than many other guns and I have not experienced it myself nor heard of others that have had it happen.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 29, 2020 6:40 pm 
Utility Grade

I have a brand new Browning A5 Stalker 12ga, 3 1/2”. I haven’t fired it yet. I have noticed if I ease the bolt forward so it doesn’t go into battery, take the safety off, and press the trigger it SEEMS to simultaneously go into battery and the hammer hit the firing pin. Can it actually fire out of battery, or is it going into battery first? It’s a little terrifying, if I’m honest.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 30, 2020 12:02 am 
Shotgun Expert
Shotgun Expert

Z7mmy wrote:
Can it actually fire out of battery

No.

http://randywakeman.com/