ShotGunWorld Shotguns

It is currently Mon Oct 26, 2020 5:31 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: wondering if anyone can help on a super light fn high grade?
PostPosted: Tue Apr 12, 2016 8:54 pm 
Utility Grade

So recently just got my father a fn made browning a5, i thought it was a good deal but looked a little off and just figured it much have been refinished. after some research it appears to be an a5 super light weight and does have an aluminum receiver and i believe it is high grade as it does have engravings and a gold trigger but this is about all the info i can find on it and just wondered if anyone could give me anymore information.

thanks!!!

Post subject: Re: wondering if anyone can help on a super light fn high gr
PostPosted: Wed Apr 13, 2016 1:45 am 
Utility Grade

wow pictures came out like crap but serial reads 1 fn 69 77642 barrel serial matches

PostPosted: Wed Apr 13, 2016 10:03 pm 
Crown Grade

If you're taking pictures of Super Lightweight A-5s, that's about the best you will do. They are extremely ugly guns. The gun you picture is one of the three engraved versions pictured and mentioned in Vanderlinden's book. None of them have any character of show any engraving style. What were these guys thinking?

PostPosted: Thu Apr 14, 2016 7:16 am 
Utility Grade

yah its not gonna win any beauty contests but these look a bit better

PostPosted: Wed Apr 20, 2016 8:50 am 
Limited Edition

I have a 69 superlight in just the wrinkle finish black. nice guns. the browning barreled and marked guns bring a higher price than the fn marked guns. even though they are the same things I used mine for pheasants in SD last fall performed great!, price range $1500 to$2500 depending on condition etc. have fun with it!!

PostPosted: Wed Apr 20, 2016 9:58 am 
Crown Grade

My 20 gauge would have been a great grouse gun at about 5 pounds and cylinder choked. However, it was in mint, new, condition and for $2700, it found a new owner who was a collector. I shot it once on the skeet field and it about killed me.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 20, 2016 5:46 pm 
Limited Edition

the previous owner of mine put a recoil pad on it and I know why! at 6lbs 12 oz it can produce quite a kick! if I use standard field loads which is what ive been told is best for these guns it is not bad. barrel is numbered to the gun as is stock and forearm. 26 in mod barrel. 12 gauge.