ShotGunWorld Shotguns

It is currently Wed Jun 16, 2021 5:42 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Need Help - Superposed Advice
PostPosted: Tue Mar 30, 2021 10:56 pm 
Utility Grade

Looking for some help in a bit of urgent desperation. I know I'm posting this in the Browning section rather than value, and I'm doing it because I want advice on more than value.

I have the opportunity to pick up a nice Superposed, and this is my foray into the model (not the brand). I have not been collecting older pieces other than what has been passed down to me, most of which has sentimental value over anything else. I grew up shooting a Marlin Papoose that most people would scoff at but has so many memories. Same with a Charles Daly 20 gauge or the Ruger Red Label my dad passed down to me.

This one is different though, and I really want to make the right decision. Right now it's mostly emotional, and I need to work toward a better balance between emotional and rational.

I'm being fairly vague here, and I hope you'll give me a little grace. I've been lurking in the shadows on this board for a while, and I registered because I need to lean on someone with more experience. So, my plea, hopefully CFB, Anatidae, or someone else can help guide me in the right direction on a potential purchase.

Post subject: Re: Need Help - Superposed Advice
PostPosted: Wed Mar 31, 2021 10:09 am 
Utility Grade

The problem with being vague is that nobody knows what your are asking help for.
So what about the superposed are you trying get help/information about?

PostPosted: Wed Mar 31, 2021 10:42 am 
Utility Grade

I'm looking for some offline advice on a Superposed. I don't feel comfortable giving more info because it's likely to disappear before I make a decision if I post it publicly

PostPosted: Wed Mar 31, 2021 1:33 pm 
Utility Grade

Thanks Starstorm and Anatidae for the outreach, I appreciate it

PostPosted: Thu Apr 01, 2021 5:59 am 
Field Grade

Superposed are great guns. With the vagueness of the post, my advice is to buy it, shoot it and enjoy it. You only go around once.

I have my father's 1953 12ga/28" choked Mod/IC it is one of my very favorite guns.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 03, 2021 7:34 am 
Field Grade

I don't consider myself an authority, or expert, on Superposed's in any way, though I do own a pre war Superposed.
At the end of the day, They're a fine gun. Every bit the equal of a newly manufactured gun.
You're buying a gun to use. Not to resale, or as an investment, but to actually use. You can be a little more flexible on price.
No one can tell you what the value of the model you are considering, without knowing everything, down to the serial number, but you're not "investing" in the gun. You're purchasing it to actually use. Which is different.
If it fits, is in working order, and suits the style of shooting you engage in, buy it. My only hesitation, now that I know a little bit more, would be a closer examination for a model produced during the "Salt Years".
Buy it, use it, enjoy it.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 22, 2021 2:41 pm 
Utility Grade

Well, I can finally lift the veil on my rather cryptic post. I'm now the proud owner of a new (to me) superposed 4 barrel skeet set. A special thanks to the folks that helped me early in the process!

I plan on shooting this one some as it's already been shot, but it definitely won't get the trigger time that my other shotguns do.

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 22, 2021 2:44 pm 
Utility Grade

A few more pictures

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.