ShotGunWorld Shotguns

It is currently Mon Oct 26, 2020 11:39 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Cynergy Ejector Springs
PostPosted: Sun Feb 09, 2020 1:00 pm 
Tournament Grade

Will replacing the ejector springs with slightly weaker versions allow the action to close a little easier? I've converted this shotgun to "extractor only", but my daughter is having trouble closing the action.

I suppose trimming a couple coils would accomplish this same thing, but springs are cheap, so new is the way I'd go if this will work.

Thanks
joe

Post subject: Re: Cynergy Ejector Springs
PostPosted: Sun Feb 09, 2020 8:11 pm 

jlorensen wrote:
Will replacing the ejector springs with slightly weaker versions allow the action to close a little easier? I've converted this shotgun to "extractor only", but my daughter is having trouble closing the action.

I suppose trimming a couple coils would accomplish this same thing, but springs are cheap, so new is the way I'd go if this will work.

Thanks
joe

Looking at the way that spring is installed and retained, you probably ought not dink with it.
But you can loosen the action up. Look here:
Curly N wrote:
The Cynergy is adjustable to loosen or tigten the feel of the closing. On my composite model I removed the clamping mech. from the forearm by removing the 2 screws that are inside the forearm. There is a very small set screw that locks a larger screw in place. This larger screw adjusts the drag on the action. If you loosen or remove the setscrew and then loosen that larger screw by just barely feeling it turn just an eeeeensy bit, replacing the set screw and reassembling the forearm and gun. You will find that the action is way better. If it got tighter, you eeensyed the wrong way.

Found in this thread
https://www.shotgunworld.com/bbs/viewto ... 53&t=69439

https://www.shotgunworld.com/bbs/viewto ... 2&t=262862

Let us endeavor so to live so that when we come to die even the undertaker will be sorry.
Mark Twain

Post subject: Re: Cynergy Ejector Springs
PostPosted: Mon Feb 10, 2020 12:16 pm 
Tournament Grade

I sometimes extend my left arm to more easily open the action (and gain more control on the barrel). Perhaps she could try that to close the action? Simply extend your arm completely onto the barrel and slowly open and close the action.