ShotGunWorld Shotguns

It is currently Tue Jul 07, 2020 2:17 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 7 posts ] 
Author Message
 Post subject: Citori 725 trigger won’t pull
PostPosted: Sat Jun 27, 2020 10:21 pm 
Field Grade

Joined: Sun Feb 17, 2019 11:51 pm
Posts: 76
Earlier this week I changed the firing pins in my Citori 725 sporting. This morning I went out and after about 80 shells the trigger locked. I’ve taken it apart and tried to figure out the problem. Unfortunately, I can’t crack the code. I took apart my other 725 to see if anything was obviously wrong or different, but everything looks the same.

Any ideas before I try to find a gunsmith in Vegas?




Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Citori 725 trigger won’t pull
PostPosted: Sat Jun 27, 2020 10:33 pm 
*Proud to be a*
*Proud to be a*
User avatar

Joined: Sun Jul 27, 2003 3:37 pm
Posts: 19154
Evil Genius wrote:
Earlier this week I changed the firing pins in my Citori 725 sporting. This morning I went out and after about 80 shells the trigger locked. I’ve taken it apart and tried to figure out the problem. Unfortunately, I can’t crack the code. I took apart my other 725 to see if anything was obviously wrong or different, but everything looks the same.

Any ideas before I try to find a gunsmith in Vegas?


Maybe the safety is on.

If you want us to "diagnose" instead of just guessing, we will need a lot more info from you about the current state/position of hammers, position of the sears, whether the gun will break open, whether the top lever moves in its full range of motion, whether the action closes completely, and lots of other stuff about what will move or won't move and if it won't move, what position it's currently in.

Maybe you got some foreign object in the action and it finally jammed up the trigger. Maybe you left some part out or disassembled the gun incorrectly. Maybe something broke. Again, if you'll start examining the various parts and tell us which will move or won't move or what position they're frozen in, we might be able to diagnose the problem. Otherwise, it's just a guess.

_________________
Please post For Sale items in the proper Classified section.

Semi-Auto Classifieds is ONLY for Complete Semi-Auto shotguns.
Over/Under Classifieds is ONLY for Complete O/U shotguns.
Items other than a complete shotgun go in OTHER Classifieds.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Citori 725 trigger won’t pull
PostPosted: Sun Jun 28, 2020 7:16 am 
Tournament Grade

Joined: Sun Aug 18, 2019 8:21 pm
Posts: 118
Location: NJ
try watching and reading this maybe might help?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CRoWb5qwmpM&t=17s you tube vid

I like this printed tutorial better than youtube one, but watch you tube and then follow this. I think once you do it once its a 15 min job with a good cleaning.

https://www.shotgunworld.com/bbs/viewto ... 12&t=89866
this is great and good photo s too.

_________________
Browning 725 HR Adjustable 32"12ga
Benelli SuperSport 32"12ga
Remington 1187SP 32"12ga
Winchester Model 59 Winlite 30"full 12ga
Ithaca Goose Gun Bolt action 36"12ga
Pride of Spain DB 10ga
Mossberg 410 ga
NRA Life Member since 2000


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Citori 725 trigger won’t pull
PostPosted: Sun Jun 28, 2020 9:15 pm 
Field Grade

Joined: Sun Feb 17, 2019 11:51 pm
Posts: 76
Ulysses wrote:
Evil Genius wrote:
Earlier this week I changed the firing pins in my Citori 725 sporting. This morning I went out and after about 80 shells the trigger locked. I’ve taken it apart and tried to figure out the problem. Unfortunately, I can’t crack the code. I took apart my other 725 to see if anything was obviously wrong or different, but everything looks the same.

Any ideas before I try to find a gunsmith in Vegas?


Maybe the safety is on.

If you want us to "diagnose" instead of just guessing, we will need a lot more info from you about the current state/position of hammers, position of the sears, whether the gun will break open, whether the top lever moves in its full range of motion, whether the action closes completely, and lots of other stuff about what will move or won't move and if it won't move, what position it's currently in.

Maybe you got some foreign object in the action and it finally jammed up the trigger. Maybe you left some part out or disassembled the gun incorrectly. Maybe something broke. Again, if you'll start examining the various parts and tell us which will move or won't move or what position they're frozen in, we might be able to diagnose the problem. Otherwise, it's just a guess.


Thanks. Safety is off. Here are few pics. As you can see the hammers are cocked. The problem seems to be that the barrels are not locking, although they feel like they are. Image
Image
Image
Image


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Citori 725 trigger won’t pull
PostPosted: Sun Jun 28, 2020 9:17 pm 
Field Grade

Joined: Sun Feb 17, 2019 11:51 pm
Posts: 76
rbdjr wrote:
try watching and reading this maybe might help?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CRoWb5qwmpM&t=17s you tube vid

I like this printed tutorial better than youtube one, but watch you tube and then follow this. I think once you do it once its a 15 min job with a good cleaning.

https://www.shotgunworld.com/bbs/viewto ... 12&t=89866
this is great and good photo s too.


Thanks. I changed the firing pins with no problem (I actually watch that video to learn how). Then, I was able to shoot about 80 shells through it before the problem happened. I don’t think it’s related to the firing pins. It seems to be a problem with the lock up.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Citori 725 trigger won’t pull
PostPosted: Sun Jun 28, 2020 9:50 pm 
*Proud to be a*
*Proud to be a*
User avatar

Joined: Sun Jul 27, 2003 3:37 pm
Posts: 19154
As I said in my post above, there are numerous things that could prevent the trigger from pulling including "whether the top lever moves in its full range of motion, whether the action closes completely".

Clearly, the action is not closing completely. One look at the top lever sticking way out to the right as shown in your picture should be a dead giveaway that the action is not closing. If the action doesn't close, the gun won't fire for obvious safety reasons (by design).

So your job is to find out why the action is not closing. I would start by removing the barrels from the action and see if the hammers, trigger, and top lever will work as normal without the barrels. They SHOULD work normally without the barrels on the gun. If they do, then the problem is related to the barrels not fitting properly on the receiver. If they don't work properly, then the problem is somewhere inside the action itself.

In one of your pictures, it's clear that the hammer for the lower barrel is not cocked. In another picture it appears that the top hammer is cocked, but in yet a different picture it clearly is not cocked.

See if the top lever will move through its full range with the barrels off. Check the ejector hammers to see if they're cocked or if they stay cocked when the gun is closed and then opened. Check the locking block/wedge in the bottom of the receiver to see if it's moving in and out freely. Check the bite in the barrels monoblock to see if anything is in the recess that might be blocking the locking block/wedge from seating fully.

In other words, look to see that parts that are supposed to move are doing so freely. Also check to see that no foreign objects/substance is in the action that might be blocking the complete closure of the gun... especially the top lever and also the locking block/wedge in the bottom of the receiver. Oh, and check the ejectors to see that they move fully and freely in and out.

Oh, and check the little slide on the bottom/rear of the barrels and make sure it slides freely with just a little pressure from your thumb.

_________________
Please post For Sale items in the proper Classified section.

Semi-Auto Classifieds is ONLY for Complete Semi-Auto shotguns.
Over/Under Classifieds is ONLY for Complete O/U shotguns.
Items other than a complete shotgun go in OTHER Classifieds.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Citori 725 trigger won’t pull
PostPosted: Sun Jun 28, 2020 10:14 pm 
Crown Grade

Joined: Sun Jan 17, 2016 3:34 pm
Posts: 5133
Before you changed the pins......how many shells would you say have been through the gun?

Also, how do you close your gun?




Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 7 posts ] 

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]


Who is online

Registered users: apexclays, Bing [Bot], Bird Guide, birdhunter39, Blackdog56, Bladeswitcher, BPdiver, brdslayr, bullseye-69, CrazyHorse5.0, dallen749, DavidRamey, DeanMk, Denver1911, dhb66, Dr Duk, Eriehunter, gdub41, geometric, goodemachine, Google [Bot], Google Adsense [Bot], Google Feedfetcher, gwagen, homey, HusqvarnaSweden, icyclefar, Island Shooter, Jaspo01, jimgw, Jjgundoges, John H, Johnny S, Leon47, LitzerSki, lossking, Majestic-12 [Bot], Mike Foley, moonjeong, Mr.Greenjeans, nwhunter, olsenjb, oneounceload, polla1983, pops78, Raul Perez, rbshire, remdog1187, Rockytroutmutt, Rooster booster, rpenmanparker, Rushman, S.davis, samal, searun, sekennedy, shacked, shoota28, Skeet_Man, Specklebelly, Take-5-JB, Tidefanatic, Tomf, TRH, xsshooter, zxcvbnm


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Jump to:  
© 2017 Carbon Media Group Outdoors    - DMCA Notice