ShotGunWorld Shotguns

It is currently Tue Oct 27, 2020 4:45 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Browning Citori White Satin Hunter
PostPosted: Tue Nov 08, 2011 10:57 am 
Diamond Grade

I want to get an O/U and think that the White Satin Hunter may be the gun to go with. It's seems to get me into the Browning quality without out spending more that I want to on a shotgun. So, I have a couple of questions. First, is my assumption that it will get me into Browning quality accurate? Is this gun of the same high quality (read: reliable not pretty) as other Citoris? And does the 3.5" chamber affect how the guns shoots. I'll likely never use that but wonder if there is a reason to avoid it.

Post subject: Re: Browning Citori White Satin Hunter
PostPosted: Tue Nov 08, 2011 12:53 pm 
Diamond Grade

Hi Berudd

As far as being reliable and robust, I believe the Satin Hunter is as of the same quality as the other Citori's. I think astestic's such as engraving, wood grain and finish are the key to the price difference.

I know it's slightly heavier than a standard Citori due to being, I believe, beefed up in order to fire the 3.5" magnum rounds :shock:

I was planning to get one earlier this year, (my 1st B as well), and some SH owners reported the chamber length being fine as far as not affecting their patterns when firing shorter shells.

I ended up getting a Cynergy instead, (I just really liked it), but I still plan on getting a Citori in the future. My Cynergy has 3" chambers, but I have only fired 2.75" shells out of it so far. And if someday I do get to hunt Phesant, I can load the hot rounds to do so.

It seems like chamber length is along the lines of those debates like, weather or not oversize bores or lengthened forcing cones actually affect patterns and or recoil. Most will say no, a handfull will swear by it.

Take care, and please post pic's if you decide to get it 8)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CrQKW51cal8

PostPosted: Tue Nov 08, 2011 1:34 pm 
Diamond Grade

Thanks Hound. I actually liked the extra heft. I'll mostly be missing clays with it except in September when I'll be missing doves with it. On the odd chance I get to go somewhere to miss quail or pheasant I can deal with the weight for the few times I'd get that chance.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 09, 2011 1:48 am 
Tournament Grade

I would get a Kickeez, Limbsaver, Pachmeyer, etc, recoil pad. The standard recoil pad is thick but hard as a rock.

NSCA #552684

PostPosted: Tue Sep 15, 2020 7:26 am 
Utility Grade

I have one which was made in 2009! It is one of my favorite guns! Yes I believe that the gun was beefed up to withstand firing 3 1/2 inch shells, but I didn't buy the gun for that reason... I got a really great deal on a display model. I have out of curiosity fired two (2) 3 1/2 inch magnum shells from my gun (3 1/2, Winchester Steel BB's), and I do not care if I ever fire another! I am not recoil sensitive, but I firmly believe that the big 3 1/2 inch magnums should be left to the Semi-Autos!
The gun readily tames the recoil of every other load, and patterns well with the shorter shells! The salesman said that many people would buy this gun, shoot 3 1/2 inch magnums out of it, and bring the gun back to trade it in immediately! I said easy fix... "Don't shoot 3 1/2 inch Magnums out of it!"
He said, "The smart ones, figure that out all buy themselves!"
With all of the non-toxic shot alternatives that are available to us today, the 3 1/2 inch Magnum "Shot Shell," should go the way of the Dinosaur and the Gasoline Powered Toothbrush!

"Happy Hunting!"

PostPosted: Tue Sep 15, 2020 8:24 am 
Crown Grade

Berudd wrote:
Thanks Hound. I actually liked the extra heft. I'll mostly be missing clays with it except in September when I'll be missing doves with it. On the odd chance I get to go somewhere to miss quail or pheasant I can deal with the weight for the few times I'd get that chance.

{hs# I am right there with you, brother!

PostPosted: Tue Sep 15, 2020 12:16 pm 
Tournament Grade

I have the blued 3.5” satin hunter and use it for everything from trap to waterfowl.

I would not call the recoil significantly different than my super x 2 with 3 1/2’s due to the weight.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 15, 2020 1:26 pm 
Limited Edition

There is the Cynergy and if you're stuck on nitride finishes there's the White Citoris. I just got a CX and enjoy it mucho.

tp.

12/26" ATI Cavalry (hey, it shoots...usually)

PostPosted: Tue Sep 15, 2020 4:58 pm 
Utility Grade

oyeme wrote:
Berudd wrote:

{hs# I am right there with you, brother![/quote

Sounds like me! They say “Beware of the man with one gun!” In that case you needn’t fear me!