It is currently Sat Oct 24, 2020 4:12 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Re: Citori 725 Cocking Lever Issue
PostPosted: Tue Sep 29, 2020 7:31 am 
*Proud to be a*
*Proud to be a*

md2020 wrote:
cfoster wrote:
Use a tool (screwdriver) to pry it up. Doesnt take a lot of force. Wont be the last time you do it

*** Update on this... ***

This ^^^^ is the correct advice. I did this while holding the lever to the right. I used a wooden stick. Everything is normal now

I even figured out how I got myself into this scenario. I pulled the trigger while the gun was disassembled

I won't be making that mistake again, but if I do, I know exactly what to do.

Thanks for all the advice

Once again, there is no need to pry up on the cocking lever! All you need to do is hold the top lever to the right and install/rotate the barrels into the receiver in the usual manner. I just now did exactly that on my Citori 525 after pulling the trigger for both barrels with the barrels off the action. Why do extra work that isn't needed? I don't like to pry on anything unless absolutely necessary.

BTW, that little slide "doo-hickey" on the bottom of the barrels near the chamber end needs to be in the FORWARD position. There is a hidden spring inside there that keeps it in the forward position unless dirt/crud has fouled it and caused it to stick in the rearward position. A little cleaning with a good solvent and some light oil will easily fix this problem. Maybe this is why you needed to lift up on the cocking lever... to compensate for the cocking lever lifter (the slide doohickey) being stuck in the wrong position. :idea: :idea:

If you'll simply fix the first problem (the stuck slide doohickey), then you won't have to do these extra gymnastics to put your gun back together. :idea: :idea:

Semi-Auto Classifieds is ONLY for Complete Semi-Auto shotguns.
Over/Under Classifieds is ONLY for Complete O/U shotguns.
Items other than a complete shotgun go in OTHER Classifieds.

Post subject: Re: Citori 725 Cocking Lever Issue
PostPosted: Tue Sep 29, 2020 11:20 am 
Field Grade

Ulysses wrote:
md2020 wrote:
cfoster wrote:
Use a tool (screwdriver) to pry it up. Doesnt take a lot of force. Wont be the last time you do it

*** Update on this... ***

This ^^^^ is the correct advice. I did this while holding the lever to the right. I used a wooden stick. Everything is normal now

I even figured out how I got myself into this scenario. I pulled the trigger while the gun was disassembled

I won't be making that mistake again, but if I do, I know exactly what to do.

Thanks for all the advice

Once again, there is no need to pry up on the cocking lever! All you need to do is hold the top lever to the right and install/rotate the barrels into the receiver in the usual manner. I just now did exactly that on my Citori 525 after pulling the trigger for both barrels with the barrels off the action. Why do extra work that isn't needed? I don't like to pry on anything unless absolutely necessary.

BTW, that little slide "doo-hickey" on the bottom of the barrels near the chamber end needs to be in the FORWARD position. There is a hidden spring inside there that keeps it in the forward position unless dirt/crud has fouled it and caused it to stick in the rearward position. A little cleaning with a good solvent and some light oil will easily fix this problem. Maybe this is why you needed to lift up on the cocking lever... to compensate for the cocking lever lifter (the slide doohickey) being stuck in the wrong position. :idea: :idea:

If you'll simply fix the first problem (the stuck slide doohickey), then you won't have to do these extra gymnastics to put your gun back together. :idea: :idea:

OK... got it. Thanks for the advice.

Now I can focus on shooting the darn thing... :D