ShotGunWorld Shotguns

It is currently Thu Nov 26, 2020 5:38 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: New cynergy with hairline crack
PostPosted: Fri Oct 23, 2020 5:21 pm 
Field Grade

One year old gun. Would you arrange to have it serviced or wait to see if this crack worsens?

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Post subject: Re: New cynergy with hairline crack
PostPosted: Fri Oct 23, 2020 7:16 pm 
Presentation Grade

It isn’t April 1 so this can’t be a joke. Can you honestly tolerate keeping a fine gun in that condition just because it might not get worse? And one in warranty?

I apologize for the snark, but seriously, man, standards!

PostPosted: Sat Oct 24, 2020 7:59 am 
Field Grade

I don't think Browning offers a warranty. It is a field model, so while it is certainly not a cheap gun, it gets a lot of time in the field. It is not one that goes from the safe to the range and back. I use it for duck, dove, woodcock, quail, etc. and it has a couple other small dings from field use. I am less concerned about the cosmetics, but don't want it to progress into a major problem. I actually would consider replacing it with synthetic if that were an option. The gun is a Browning Cynergy Field Grade I/II walnut, 20 GA with a 3" chamber and 26-inch barrels. It is a fabulous field gun for the purposes I use it for.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 24, 2020 8:44 am 

Drop this guy a PM, he can fix it for you and it won't progress into something bad.
He did some work for me and for some friends and he is great.
https://www.shotgunworld.com/bbs/ucp.ph ... se&u=23062

Let us endeavor so to live so that when we come to die even the undertaker will be sorry.
Mark Twain

PostPosted: Sat Oct 24, 2020 9:07 am 
Field Grade

Thanks Curly. I definitely will. I'll be up in Ohio for a bowhunt in November. Maybe I can connect with him then.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 24, 2020 9:19 am 

adirondack46r wrote:
Thanks Curly. I definitely will. I'll be up in Ohio for a bowhunt in November. Maybe I can connect with him then.

I suggest that you contact him now, to find out what is feasible, he is a busy guy and has people lined up.

Let us endeavor so to live so that when we come to die even the undertaker will be sorry.
Mark Twain

PostPosted: Sat Oct 24, 2020 12:15 pm 
Tournament Grade

Call Browning. They usually will do good for owners of their guns. My friend's forestock started to crack. They had him ship it to them. They re-did the wood so that it completely matched the rear stock. It took some time, as the process involved hand finishing.