ShotGunWorld Shotguns

It is currently Wed Oct 28, 2020 1:35 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Shooting trap w Cynergy CX
PostPosted: Fri Oct 16, 2020 8:55 am 
Tournament Grade

I just started to shoot trap with my Cynergy CX. It handles pretty well. In the past, I primarily shot skeet (about 22-23 each game). I’ve been able to shoot about 10 rounds in the 18-21 range. Of course, now I want to shoot better. Would adding a rib help?

Post subject: Re: Shooting trap w Cynergy CX
PostPosted: Fri Oct 16, 2020 9:39 am 
Limited Edition

I would recommend taking your time and do a lot more trap shooting before looking at the gun at all.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 17, 2020 6:21 pm 
*Proud to be a*
*Proud to be a*

Wowzer wrote:
I just started to shoot trap with my Cynergy CX. It handles pretty well. In the past, I primarily shot skeet (about 22-23 each game). I’ve been able to shoot about 10 rounds in the 18-21 range. Of course, now I want to shoot better. Would adding a rib help?

No but adding an adjustable comb would.
I know several people who have broken into Trap with those Cynergy CX's
and they are doing very well.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 18, 2020 11:31 pm 
Tournament Grade

Jaspo01 wrote:
No but adding an adjustable comb would.
I know several people who have broken into Trap with those Cynergy CX's
and they are doing very well.

If I get an adjustable comb, would that mean I would be higher up on the gun? As it stands right now, when I mount the gun, I am looking down the barrel and see the figure 8 (or snowman) of the mid to front bead. Should I see more separation between the beads (ie have the gun shoot higher)?

I dont think I need a cast on this gun...in fact, the main reason I bought it was because it seemed to fit me best. My question about the adjustable rib was if I needed to point the front higher for trap?

PostPosted: Mon Oct 19, 2020 6:39 am 
*Proud to be a*
*Proud to be a*

Wowzer wrote:
If I get an adjustable comb, would that mean I would be higher up on the gun? As it stands right now, when I mount the gun, I am looking down the barrel and see the figure 8 (or snowman) of the mid to front bead. Should I see more separation between the beads (ie have the gun shoot higher)?

Check the current POA/POI via a pattern board and go from there-any thing else is just a guess.

TSRA LIFE MEMBER
NSCA #610xxx

Rose City Clays - Tyler TX
5H Shooting Sports Frankston TX ( Formally the Chicken Ranch)
Caney Creek- Teague TX

PostPosted: Mon Oct 19, 2020 7:05 am 
Field Grade

Certainly need to pattern it. Two years ago I’d never have seen a need for an adjustable comb on a shotgun but after shooting at a pattern board I’m finding that as the best way to adjust poi.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 24, 2020 12:13 pm 
Tournament Grade

loneranger wrote:
Certainly need to pattern it. Two years ago I’d never have seen a need for an adjustable comb on a shotgun but after shooting at a pattern board I’m finding that as the best way to adjust poi.

I just got new chokes for my gun. I wonder if it will pattern the same as my older chokes. Thanks for the reminder!

PostPosted: Mon Oct 26, 2020 1:27 pm 
Tournament Grade

This weekend, only 18, 18, 18. It was very gusty; sometimes the bird went low, then other times it flew sky high. Very fun!

PostPosted: Tue Oct 27, 2020 10:46 am 
*Proud to be a*
*Proud to be a*

Wowzer wrote:
This weekend, only 18, 18, 18. It was very gusty; sometimes the bird went low, then other times it flew sky high. Very fun!

We call that poor man's Wobble.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 27, 2020 4:33 pm 
*Proud to be a*
*Proud to be a*

I like my adjustable comb. I set it higher for trap, lower for 5 stand and sporting clays. I do have a little offset in it also. But...before you do anything pattern the gun to see where it is shooting now. Then play with some tape and cardboard to see if a higher comb would help. Then send it in if needed.