ShotGunWorld Shotguns

It is currently Tue Nov 24, 2020 2:24 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Cynergy wicked wings 12ga
PostPosted: Sat Nov 14, 2020 7:37 am 
Limited Edition

Saw one of these at my club a couple months ago, have been thinking about trying an o/u for waterfowl. Have an older citori but reluctant to subject it to waterfowl conditions/abuse. Looking around I haven't been able to find a lot of owner feedback but found this. If you look at their "pattern testing" data it seems to indicate the barrels are not well regulated at all. With an adjustable comb I'm not excited about high/low within reason but 5" left at 16yds??? Their methods were not explained well but they mention "correction" and the resulting data still shows shooting left. I'm surprised this even got published, you'd think Browning would not be happy about this being out there at all.

https://www.americanrifleman.org/articl ... g-shotgun/

Post subject: Re: Cynergy wicked wings 12ga
PostPosted: Sat Nov 14, 2020 8:02 am 
Field Grade

And I’m not sure what they wanted to gain shooting IC at 40yrds. American Rifleman is a purely an advertisement. I wouldn’t value anything published there as gospel.

Post subject: Re: Cynergy wicked wings 12ga
PostPosted: Sat Nov 14, 2020 8:49 am 
*Proud to be a*
*Proud to be a*

Actually looked like a pretty good gun. The barrels shot to the same POI. That is good. The gun did not fit the tester. That is bad. But...maybe not the fault of the gun.

If I wanted one I would buy it based on that article. If....and only if, I was looking straight down the rib when I mounted it.

There may not be a lot to be learned from "testing" a gun.