ShotGunWorld Shotguns

It is currently Wed Jan 20, 2021 2:45 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Re: Considering my first Superposed
PostPosted: Tue Jan 05, 2021 10:04 pm 
Diamond Grade

Vislahunter , the op posted on 21.Dec , returned on 30.Dec , read a bunch of thoughtful , articulate replies and disappeared. You didn’t hijack a post , you enlightened it. Hopefully you can get some photos up ( maybe with a dog or two ?) :D

Post subject: Re: Considering my first Superposed
PostPosted: Wed Jan 06, 2021 11:32 am 
Presentation Grade

VizslaHunter wrote:
I didn't really mean to hijack the OP's thread. It was not my intent.
That is courteous, therefore admirable. As 'captjsjr' alluded' - no need to worry. The 'person behind the words' re-visited the site twice. The first visit was 12/24 @ 8:04 am after the first 4 people responded......then his next opportunity was 12/30 @ 5:01pm, after 3 more responses. In neither instance did he elect to acknowledge the interest, time, or efforts of others. So, for all intents and purposes the first part of this thread (and any desire to participate in, or perpetuate it) died. It became 'words on a page', rendered meaningless by an author's apparent sense of obligation and reluctance to respond in kind - effectively sabotaging and abandoning his own cause.

Likewise, it was not my intent to incite a mutiny of a fellow Browning and prospective Superposed enthusiast. There is a person (and a history) behind the 'words on a page' or computer screen. Maybe the OP (and others) will respect that in the future, as I have attempted to demonstrate, here. I also hope he continues his pursuit of a Superposed to satisfy his curiosity and quest to own one. It is neither my intent nor my nature to be hurtful - but to guard the notions of human decency and compassion that are so often tested by those who pursue a sordid gain. Yet I've become less-inclined to waste time and effort, particularly on people who don't seem to appreciate it.......which may be a reason many respected and knowledgeable forum members have quit posting, altogether. This is disturbing because, communities like this are inevitably reduced to those who offer little, but require much - mostly, attention to ‘self’. That's what Facebook, Twitter and daycare are for - have at it! Otherwise, why waste someone else's time..........or your own? Our days are numbered.
VizslaHunter wrote:
The S/N on mine is 8930. What is a little odd, is that there is no engraving on this shotgun. Anywhere. The receiver is blank.
Serial #8740 is currently listed for sale and it, too, has no engraving. There are people on here that are knowledgeable about the period during which engraving was absent. Perhaps they will offer some reliable information.
VizslaHunter wrote:
.......and the triggers are the "twin single triggers" design. There may be a worn/broken part in the trigger mechanism, because it is possible to fire both barrels simultaneously. Could be broken, could be that it was a design limitation of the time. I don't know??
What you describe sounds like true double triggers, to me – each trigger releases their respective hammer for one or the other barrel. Front = bottom bbl.......Rear = top barrel.

As CFB noted, a 'twin-single' trigger fires its respective barrel on the first shot, then resets to release the other barrel. Front trigger fires the 'under' barrel first (typically the more-open choke), then fires the 'over' barrel when that same trigger is pulled the 2nd time.
VizslaHunter wrote:
Once i have some time and figure out what I am doing wrong with photo attachments, I'll get some photos up.
We look forward to photos. Try reducing the pixel size of the photo so it does not exceed 600 pixels either way. Try re-sizing to 600x450 (roughly). Imgur dot com has a feature that allows you to upload, edit, crop, re-size, and copy/paste a photo link that will work on most websites. Good luck.