ShotGunWorld Shotguns

It is currently Wed Jan 20, 2021 3:20 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: 525 Sporting Laminate
PostPosted: Sun Dec 27, 2020 12:58 am 
Utility Grade

I’ve got a 32” sporting with the grey laminate stock and nickel barrels. I’m having trouble finding info on it. Seems like these rarely come available and info from a search is widespread. I do know it’s a 2007 Shot Show special. Some say the made 1000’s some say they only made 500. I’m wondering if this has the potential to be a collector and should be put up, or just shoot it? What’s an approximate value on it? I have the original box, kit with all the triggers, barrel locks, etc and the 5 Midas chokes. Three of which have never been out of the plastic. Any info would be appreciated. Thanks in advance!

Post subject: Re: 525 Sporting Laminate
PostPosted: Sun Dec 27, 2020 10:03 pm 
Tournament Grade

I really tried to buy one of those about 10 years ago to complement my GrandPrix Sporter. A lot of folks would be put off by the gray laminate but I thought it was a real unique look and would stand out on the gun rack. The shop had had it new in their inventory for about 4 years and would just not budge on the price. It was the same as my Sporter, just different colors and with laminated wood.

I don't think it will ever be a collector piece but who knows. That retailer was sure proud of it.
Tom